Free to air satellite Reciever

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Anna

Free to air satellite Reciever

Post by Anna »

Has anyone ever heard of the Coolsat 4000pro ? I've read where this reciever is FCC approved. I of several people who have them.

Anna
Rich

Post by Rich »

Anna, Looks interesting but the old adage that "There's no such thing as a free lunch"comes to mind!! Here's the website: http://www.freetoairdish.com/index.html
Anna

4000pro

Post by Anna »

Hello Rich,I know all about that good ole adge about there being no such thing as a free lunch. Been there done that. :-)

A computer customer of my husband's gave us one of these 4000prs. We love it. I'm sure it makes the dish and cable companys livid. Then again they probably don't care cause they'll only stick it to someone else anyhow.We had cable tv and got tired of them either changing the channel line-up or else you had to pay for certain packages when some of them used to be free. The phone companies aren't any different. We just became tired of all the phone wars and getting all their wonderful ads in our mailbox,so we did away with our land line and only use cell phones. It's also nice to be able to enjoy our meals without being harrassed by telemarketing people. I know they're only trying to make a living just like everyone else but,it does become sickening at times.

Rich now that I've made you totally crossed eye I'll sign off. :-)

Thanks for your reply.
Anna