Some Quotes:

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Party Plan Girl

Some Quotes:

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Some quotes:

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha

There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.
Mark Twain

I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing.
Marilyn Monroe

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."
C. S. Lewis

Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
Mahatma Gandhi

When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy

It is good to express a thing twice right at the outset and so to give it a right foot and also a left one. Truth can surely stand on one leg, but with two it will be able to walk and get around.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
Vince Lombardi

I AM BORROWING FROM THIS QUOTE:
If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, (or Beaver Island) there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.
Nelson Mandela

Cause and effect are two sides of one fact.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every fact is related on one side to sensation, and, on the other, to morals. The game of thought is, on the appearance of one of these two sides, to find the other: given the upper, to find the under side.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A true friend is one soul in two bodies.
Aristotle

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
Audrey Hepburn

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
Henry David Thoreau

Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand.
Khalil Gibran

A man has one hundred dollars and you leave him with two dollars, that's subtraction.
Mae West

The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants.
Theodore Roosevelt

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin

Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying.
Martin Luther

There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
Plato

To prefer evil to good is not in human nature; and when a man is compelled to choose one of two evils, no one will choose the greater when he might have the less. (Hmmmmm?)
Plato

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
Ayn Rand

Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
Dale Carnegie

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
Immanuel Kant

Don't matter how much money you got, there's only two kinds of people: there's saved people and there's lost people.
Bob Dylan

God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.
Billy Graham

A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all. No man can serve two masters. Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made in the image of what you desire.
Thomas Merton

Read more athttp://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/two ... hjOkHEO.99