5th Annual Easter Egg Scramble 3/24!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Community Center

5th Annual Easter Egg Scramble 3/24!

Post by BI Community Center »

The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!
Terry Frysinger

Post by Terry Frysinger »

Why two weeks before Easter?
BI Community Center

Post by BI Community Center »

Terry,
The Easter Egg Scramble and visits with the Easter Bunny are being held on March 24th because the BI Community School Spring Break is the 30th of March through the 9th of April! We wanted children who might be leaving the Island for the break to have the opportunity to participate...but don't worry, there will still be Easter activities (egg coloring!) available closer to Easter!

Not to mention Spring Break DVDs/movies and, of course, the opportunity to use the Hangout and all it has to offer!
The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Moms & Dads don't forget your cameras! Make sure the kids bring an empty Easter basket or a bag to collect their candy filled eggs! Hey kids, get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny, get a treat bag, stay and eat your goodies up in 'The Hangout' while you wait to watch the move: 'The Muppets!'

Have Fun and God Bless!
Party Plan Girl

First, I would like to thank all of the kindhearted wonderful people who helped make this year's Easter Egg Scramble the best ever! WOW! What a great group of hard working generous individuals who really put their hearts... and hands into this group effort! It takes very special people to help these events take place for our community. It was nice to see friends and families gathered together to watch the children having so much fun!

Easter Egg Stuffers:
Sandy Birdsall
Shirley Detwiler
Tina Morgan
Betty Scoggin
Karen Slanga

Treat Bag Stuffer:
Doug Tilly

Decorating Crew:
Shirley Detwiler
Tina Morgan
Ann Partridge
Paige Pryor
Doug Tilly
Tina Walker

Egg Layers:
Melissa Pryor
Paige Pryor
Taylor Pryor
Kenn Scoggin
Doug Tilly
Tom Whitman

Supporting Crew:
Melissa Pryor
Kathy Richards
Kenn Scoggin

Emcee:
Ann Partridge

Special Assistants to the Easter Bunny:
Shirley Detwiler
Betty Scoggin

Special thanks to the Easter Bunny for hopping over to The Beaver Island Community Center!

The Easter Bunny would like to personally thank Powers Do It Best Hardware for the use of the wooden bench for the photos! Thanks Jeff!

Thanks to all who helped with the clean up!

Special thanks to The AMVETS Post #46 for sponsoring the movie: "The Muppets" and for providing soft drinks for the kids!

Special thanks to the generous sponsors:
An Occasion to Remember
The Beaver Island Boat Company & special thanks to Saundra Fries
for always doing such a wonderful job with shopping for these events!
BICAF - Beaver Island Community Activities Fund
The Shamrock Bar and Restaurant

Thank you to Audrey VanDyke for donating Cadbury Eggs for the treat bags!

Thanks to those generous people who wish to remain anonymous, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Special thanks, once again, to Ron Wojan for allowing us to use his enclosed trailer. Ron, I don't know what we'd do without your generous heart!

Special thanks to my mother, for her constant love and support!

A very special thank you to The Beaver Island Community Center for hosting this event! I think the community will agree, your efforts in helping to make this years Easter activities the best ever, are greatly appreciated!

I would like to thank all of the people who attended this year's event!

May God Bless you all and I hope you have a safe and joyous Easter!

Peace,
Tina Walker
Last edited by Party Plan Girl on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

What a great thing to do for the island kids! It's really nice to see all of the people helping out to make a child smile. Keep up the good work, Tina and helpers!
Party Plan Girl

Thanks Joey. That's e-x-a-c-t-l-y why we do it... for those smiles on the children's faces :)