Cheyenne Point

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BERNIE MILLER

Anna

Post by BERNIE MILLER »

As far is lovely island photography goes, check out eyelandart.com. The quality of the photographs are wonderful and they make lovely screen savers. The car wash is very well known although i was a teenager the last time i washed a car there. come and visit the island. you sound like someone that would appreciate it.
Kris S.

eyeland art!

Post by Kris S. »

I agree, Bernie. Thumbs up for eyeland art! Lots of lovely photos.
"The trouble with the rat race is, even if you win, you're still a rat." --Lily Tomlin
Trish Scott

Beaver

Post by Trish Scott »

Anna,

If you do come and check out Beaver, bring your own fudge! :-) There are no fudge shops! But there is plenty of fresh caught whitefish!

Yes, you do sound like someone who would enjoy Beaver Island. There are lots of opportunities for socializing and lots of down time too. It would probably remind you of the UP a long time ago.

Trish
Anna

Bernie and Trish

Post by Anna »

I enjoyed the pictures in the eyelandart site. Thank you both for your compliment. I very much appreciate nature and being outdoors. It's like being in a whole different world.

I can remember camping along the shorelines up in Ludington and Muskegon and sitting around a campfire hearing my mother and father telling stories about the good ole days. Sometimes we'd take walks along the sandy beaches picking up driftwood and such. I can't recall where we camped at the time cause I was very young but, I do remember picking up lava rock on this one particular beach. There was also nothing like going fishing and cooking what you caught over an open fire. Unfortunately though my family doesn't pertake in those adventures anymore but, all the memories of those days are still in my mind. I have thought many times about writing all that I remember in a journal and haven't done that yet. It's kinda strange how sometimes there just never seems to be enough time in the day to do what you want to do. I keep telling myself someday. I know I'm rambling on here and have probably made you crossed eyed but I enjoy sharing and I enjoy people.

Trish as for bringing my own fudge.That's ok cause I make my own anyhow. :D

Anna
Trish Scott

Fudge

Post by Trish Scott »

Anna,

There you go - you can make and sell fudge on the Island.
Anna

Trish

Post by Anna »

:lol: Are you planning on finacing this adventure.??
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

It's a SWEET idea, but I will have to FUDGE an answer.