Great Lakes electric usage chart irregularities explained

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rahn

Great Lakes electric usage chart irregularities explained

Post by Rahn »

I finally got an answer from Great Lakes (I've been asking since September) about why some days are missing on the daily energy usage chart they provide on line. I was told that even though the counter is functioning, it sometimes fails to send the data, sometimes for several days in a row. When it does finally send the data, the usage total for all the days not reported, shows up as the next reported day.

I have just asked them for how much a single kwh costs so that I can better understand my bill. Will let you know.

Barb
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

The KW costs are on your bill, however it doesn't mean much because of all the fees they have. Check your bill and you will find they are a substantial portion of the total, and "surprise" you pay 4% sales tax on all those fees. Something Great Lakes Energy conveniently never mentions in their monthly magazine.

Bob Tidmore
Beaver Island, MI
Rahn

Post by Rahn »

You're right, Bob. Knowing the kwh costs only helps to calculate the usage part of the bill.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

I still maintain that they told us the monthly surcharge would go away after the cable was paid for, I have the tape, guess I will have to try to find it and play it back, anyone else remember that?
medic5740

Yes they said that

Post by medic5740 »

Yes, they said that, and some one asked very specifically about this and they repeated it. Do you have video of this?