Cold Weather Clothing for Afghanistan Children

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AEW

Cold Weather Clothing for Afghanistan Children

Post by AEW »

I was notified by a fellow SF Soldier serving in a remote part of Afghanistan that he has a desperate need for winter clothing for the locals. He is looking for coats, hats, gloves, shirts, pants, socks, shoes, boots etc. If you have any gently used items you wish to donate please contact me @ 448-2581 or adamwirth@rocketmail.com and I will get them sent out to him. I will mail the package on 7 Jan 2012

If you or your group wishes to donate directly please send items to
James Baker
TF-10, Camp Phoenix
APO AE 09320

Thank You,
AE Wirth
jrunberg

Post by jrunberg »

adam ill look around to see what we have im sure we can find some winter stuff left over from the kids
Williams

Post by Williams »

I think we have some boots and snowpants that my youngest has outgrown. I will let you know.

Missy
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

This is a great thing to do for those less fortunate. Unfortunately, there are lots of those people within our own country that need warm clothes also. I am not against helping foreign countries, but I feel that we should take care of our own first. It seems that this is one of the same things that is wrong with our government today, sending funding and aid to other countries while our own people are going hungry and have no shelter. Please understand that this is not a jab at Adam or anyone else, just an example of how our country neglects many of their own people.
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Well said Joey - it is so true that you can't go anywhere is this country and not come across those people that have nothing and live in boxes on the street and their children eat out of dumpsters, and it has gotten more out of control since the unemployment rate has increased. Very nice thought tho Adam, i just agree that sometimes we need to look in our own backyards to see what we can do to help.
AEW

Post by AEW »

Merry Christmas on this holy day for Mankind. A day when three wise Men from far away lands traveled to give gifts to a baby who was a total stranger.

Merry Christmas,
Last edited by AEW on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AE Wirth
AEW

Post by AEW »

When a fellow Soldier asks me for some help from his Nations people , I give it to him.
Last edited by AEW on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AE Wirth
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

As I already stated in my post, I have no problem helping people, I just believe we should solve problems at home first. I meant no disrespect with my post, as previously stated. I fully believe in Christmas, so don't belittle me by using that happy holidays garbage. I would appreciate a little more respect than that.
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

Also, don't try to make me feel bad because you are helping a soldier. I have the utmost respect for our country's soldiers. I am very proud of what they do for us everyday. If it makes you feel better about yourself to try to make me feel worse about myself, then go ahead I can take it.
AEW

Post by AEW »

I am sure your heart is in the right place. And I agree, we do need to help those near us. Tomorrow at 10 am I will be at Karen Slanga's house all day putting in her new floor and doing some trim work for the Cottage of Karen project. If you have time come on down and help.
AE Wirth
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

I agree with the Cottage for Karen project and I appreciate everything everyone has done for her. She is a great lady, but that is not exactly what I was talking about. I was referring to people that have no home, no food, no clothing, and nobody they can count on. Once again, I like Karen, but there are a lot of people less fortunate. If I was still living on the island, I would be more than happy to help.
AEW

Post by AEW »

I agree Joey, there is a lot of need everywhere....... We all need to try to do the best we can for others in these troubled times.
AE Wirth
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Cold weather clothing

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

Adam, if your putting a box together, stop by: I have some new gloves to give you.
Jim Campbell
taraandchuck

Post by taraandchuck »

Adam I will look and see what I have. A person in need is a person in need whether he is in Afghanistan or living next door.
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »