Good Deeds Shouldn't Go Unnoticed

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

tkludt

Good Deeds Shouldn't Go Unnoticed

Post by tkludt »

For at least 5 years that I know about and would guess many more, our AMVETs Post 46 Auxiliary brought Christmas cheer and sprit to the children of Beaver Island. Last Saturday they hosted a Christmas party for the little ones including a visit from Santa Claus and provided them (and some hungry adults) with hot dogs, chips, cookies ice cream and the like. Yesterday they provided the annual Christmas gift shopping and wrapping experience which allows the school kids an opportunity to purchase low cost presents for their friends and family-in opportunity and experience that may be otherwise lost in life on the island.
The ladies of the Auxiliary provide these events for the children with the funds they raise in their St. Patrickâ??s day basket raffle and other fundraisers. So next time you see one for these ladies, please thank them for what they contribute to Beaver Island.
They work hard to do it.
Michelle A. LaFreniere

Post by Michelle A. LaFreniere »

I wish there were a "like" button for this.. Tom, you are so right.. they have been doing this for years, and the kids LOVE it! A few years ago, I watched in anticipation as my family members all received wonderful gifts from my then 5 year old nephew.. one got a teddy bear, one got a little jewelry box, etc, and he turned to me and said , "Aunt Michelle, I saved yours for last, its the best present ever." I was so excited to open it.. I got.. drum roll please.... hand sanitizer! I have to admit.. I really did love it.. and he loved having a gift for everyone.. God Bless you Amvets ladies!
debrob2

Amvets Ladies

Post by debrob2 »

A big thank you goes out to these lovely people who provide our Santa's Workshop Program at school. Hands down, this is the kids favorite day of the year!

The pride that the children take in picking out just the right gift is priceless! And my hat is truely off to the patient group of volunteers that takes as much time as each child wants with them as they wrap their purchases. One child wanted all 14 presents wrapped in 14 different kinds of wrapping paper and that is just what they got! Now that is patience!

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!
Debbie Robert and a couple of very happy little boys!
Williams

Post by Williams »

Every year we have so much fun opening the gifts the kids bought for us. They are so proud of their purchases! On a cute note one year while living downstate one of the older boys, while in Kindergarten, bought Travis a "back scratcher" and he enjoyed his grill brush very much :wink:

Thank you Lady AmVets for making Santas Workshop a wonderful event!