Win A Truck Contest, Your Help Is Needed!!!!!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Ken, I think those are called "bots" that "cruise the web" and are programmed to post junk on websites whose owners are trying to spread viruses, etc. One things for sure, never click on their posts, it could cause trouble. I know Jeff tries to keep them off but sometimes they get through, thanks!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I got all excited when the two new red tanker trucks came off the boat. I thought it doubled my chances of becoming land lubber truck driver but poof they were gone. What's the story, will they be back? It use to be we judged the hard winters by the acorn crop but now we might have a new indicator, red trucks. The rumor here on Whiskey Island is they came over empty and are taking natural gas or shale oil off the island.
I'm not banking on being a red truck driver so am voting early and often for your new Cat. If I had any friends I would urge them to vote also. Good Luck.

Skull&CrossBones
Last edited by BI Pirate on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

If I turn off that webcam what will you see!! Please don't forget to vote today, I was told there was someone in Grand Rapids who was passing out brochures asking them to vote and contact their friends!
http://www.drivecatcontest.com/entries/275
Newsman

Post by Newsman »

I joined and got on and voted this morning. Good luck.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Only 7 days left from tomorrow!
beaverman

Post by beaverman »

7 days? Can't we vote on the weekend of the 15th?
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

You can vote including the 15th. If you are on facebook post it to your site and ask your friends to repost and vote daily, thanks a bunch. I have a request in for a summary of where folks stand. Hopefully they will let us know! Thanks again!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Richie, You are correct. I took the picture from the video of you sitting at your desk and copied it along with the web link to vote. No one was taking the brochures with your face on them thinking it was a "Wanted Poster". So, I went back to the boat and photoshopped Laura's picture to replace yours and now I can't keep up with the printing. Keep the votes coming. If I can't drive the new truck I at least want to ride shotgun in the 4th of July parade.

Skull&CrossBones
bigbuck

Post by bigbuck »

5 days and 7 hours left! Just got two of my friends to vote. I hope the truck can haul my deer to the dock, but not with the BI Pirate driving. That would be TOO SCARY. He has enough trouble guiding his boat back to Whiskey Island when he is three sheets to the wind.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Odds of winning, who knows the way they are doing it but its fun. I have people all over the world sending me notes which is nice of them, so we shall see, thank you all! Might have to tow a trailer in the parade if everyone gets their ride..........
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Here we go again, time is running short, I hope you are voting every day, can't be sure the way the contest runs! I see where some folks repost and if you can please do. Surely do appreciate it. 4 days and 16 hours left:

http://www.drivecatcontest.com/entries/275
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Richie, Here's what I'm thinking: When you win the truck, have it delivered with a full load of onions. In the mean time, get a flu shot and keep on voting for Richie.

Skull&CrossBones
beaverman

Post by beaverman »

Just two days left to help Richie. I would like to see the BI Pirate riding in the front of the truck eating raw onions.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Today, tomorrow and Saturday and it's over, your help is much appreciated, sure would be nice if they would give us a summary, we could walk away or give 'er heck! Thank you all!! http://www.drivecatcontest.com/entries/275
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

I will vote each day if you promise to take a load of onions to Beaver Island. Would love to see everyone up there to live to age 97.
Cheryl