Freighter between High and Beaver August 17th

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rahn

Freighter between High and Beaver August 17th

Post by Rahn »

Does anyone know anything about the freighter that was being pushed by a tug boat yesterday morning between High and Beaver Islands? They were going pretty fast for such a combination.
Rahn

Post by Rahn »

Deb P. emailed me that she found information about the boat at boatnerd.com. She said the name of the boat is Pere Marquette 41, articulated tug barge with the tug Undaunted. You can find a story by googling Pere Marquette 41 and it's the boatnerd listing. Deb then added "Just went back and looked at it and the barge does have a bow thruster. It was moving fast!"

Thanks, Deb. I thought I was seeing things!
Barb
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

it is owned by the same company that runs the badger.she hauls mainly stone and sand.her senior captains name is cpt.brown.she is usually refered too as,the unwanted.the rotation is 3 week on 3 weeks off.it is a union boat and does not pay very well.