The Driving Guide

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Mark

The Driving Guide

Post by Mark »

Stopped into the chamber office last week looking for a copy of the new driving guide. The gentleman inside pointed me toward the "new" (2006) map, which I picked up as my version was some 20 years old. I then asked again about the driving guide and was told that he had heard about some "rudimentary" drawing but didn't know anything about it.

Upon returning home I read in the Beacon that both townships had ordered reprints of the guide, with Peaine ordering 1000 copies. Strange that the Chamber of Commerce feigned ignorance instead of just directing me where to find one. Seems somewhat in conflict with visitor information the chamber would be expected to provide.

Just my opinion; perhaps someone could set me straight.

Mark Hoogterp
Grand Rapids
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

Mark, I had a difficult time also but finding the map is well worth it. I had three mailed to me so I have a couple to share with friends. I think they have supply at the Community and Visitor Information Center across from the ferry dock. Anna
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

The map is very detailed and in no way a "rudimentary" drawing. Anna
Joyce

Driving Guide

Post by Joyce »

Also available at the Print Shop Museum.
BIHS volunteer
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Over 400 copies have gone out over the past month. McDonough's Market has also been re-supplied.

FYI: If individuals would like quantities of 10 or more, I am assisting the townships with distribution and will mail to you. You will need to pay $1.00 for each copy along with a $4.95 mailing fee. Checks are to be made out to Peaine Township-Map Guide Fund.
Address:
36825 Kings Highway,
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
McGrass
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

It is a great idea and service to have copies mailed to you by the township. I just had a friend mail me some copies but when those are gone, I will use the township service. Anna