Great Lakes Energy-Board of Directors

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rich

Great Lakes Energy-Board of Directors

Post by Rich »

Most of you would have recently received your GLE Country Lines magazine which has the ballot for electing the officals who will represent you in decisions regarding your future power needs. I was approached for the support of Mark Carson whose father used to be the Charlevoix County Building Inspector and a director of the energy company for many years. It was explained to me by others that our representation is slowly being "eroded" by the board slowly sliding to the south as did our home office when it moved to Cadlillac. It is very important to keep a representative of the power company who is familiar with our area. I ask you to fill out your ballot and support an Up North candidate so we have someone to contact when important issues come up. Following is a breif note from Mark Carson of Boyne City who will do a good job in protecting our Up North interests. Your support will be very welcome and equally as important in the future, THANKS!!

Beaver Island Residents:

My name is Mark Carson and I am running for a Directorâ??s position with Great Lakes Energy. I would appreciate the chance to represent the Island as a spokesperson for all concerns which you may have had in the past or incur in the future. It is important that someone represent Charlevoix County and has some familiarity with Beaver Island. My father is retiring from his Directorâ??s position after 33 years and I would like to continue the strong representation he gave to the Island. I currently reside outside of Boyne City and work with Gordon Food Service in Petoskey. I am familiar with many local businesses on the Island through my food service position and would appreciate the chance to help with your energy needs. Please take the time to vote through a mail in ballot that exists in the July issue of Country Lines Magazine. Your consideration is appreciated!

Sincerely,

Mark Carson
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Mark Carson has once again agreed to run for the GLE Board Of Directors. He would be the only representative from our area and a good resource if we have problems. Your ballot will show up soon in the Country Lines magazine. Let's put someone in there that will give us representation as well!! Any questions for Mark you can contact him at mcarson@gfs.com
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Most of us have begun receiving our Great Lakes Energy Board of Directors ballots in the new issue of Country Lines. Let's show some support and vote for our "Up North" candidates and particulary Mark Carson who was here recently and the only candidate I can think of in many years who came to the island looking for support. The votes Beaver Island has can do a lot and hopefully for our community in the long run so please vote your ballots!!! :D