AMVETS Post 46 Annual Scholarship Program

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AMVETS POST 46

Post by AMVETS POST 46 »

Beaver Island AMVETS Post 46 is offering a $1000 scholarship to any student who graduated from the Beaver Island Community Schools and and has completed at least one year of post-high school education.

We are accepting applications in electronic format at the following e-mail address.

amvetspost46@yahoo.com

The deadline is August 31st and the scholarship will be awarded the first week of September.

AMVETS Post 46
Box 319
Beaver Island, MI 49782
AMVETS POST 46
BOX 319
BEAVER ISLAND, MI 49782
amvetspost46@yahoo.com
johnson1

Application for Brick for son killed in Iraq

Post by johnson1 »

We have an application to order a brick for the new Veterans Memorial Park. Our son was killed 3 years ago in Iraq piloting a Chinook. Now that we are permanent summer residents we would like to honor and remember him on Beaver Island as he loved vacationing here as a young boy with Grandma Marion Johnson. Who do I give the application to? Your memorial park is wonderful! Mary Johnson
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

Give me a call at 448-3088 or drop it off at our house.
26025 Main St., the second house West of Gallagher Lane.

Bob Tidmore
johnson1

Application for Brick for son killed in Iraq

Post by johnson1 »

Bob - I will be working in Print Shop Museum from 11-2 today. Can you drop in and get application? I have a question or two also. thanks. Mary Johnson