Thoughts of real estate on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Kirk

Thoughts of real estate on Beaver Island

Post by Kirk »

Ok after one visit to the Island and reading this forum and archives of the Beacon I am very interested in possibly investing in some property on the Island. However I question if I can actually do it. So here is some information about me and what I am thinking about and I am hoping I can get some feedback about possibilities.

I am about 10 years from retiring from civil service. My wife is about 15 years from retirement but works on an academic calendar so her summers are free. Our 2 duaghters are close to being (hopefully) out of the home. So my thoughts were to find a small home that would be a summer residence, or perhaps buy some property with the idea of building closer to retirement. Unless we hit the lotto tonight I don't have a ton of money. My wife loves the water and I love the woods.

So if anyone wants to make any suggestions as to where to start? what to research? where to look? any ideas of any kind please feel free to chime in!

Kirk
Rich

Post by Rich »

Check out www.beaverislandrealty.com Thanks!
Trish Scott

Land

Post by Trish Scott »

We purchased land about 10 years ago. We had a land contract and then built about 8 years ago. We love it. We worked with Ed Wojan's real estate office. He has a very good reputation for being honest and hard working.

Land prices have gone up immensely since we bought. So the sooner you buy, the better. It's an excellent investment.

Since so many baby boomers will be retiring soon, the prices will do nothing but go up for land in desirable retirement areas.

I don't think you would ever regret it. Land in the woods is cheaper than on the water and you can always drive a few miles to a beach.
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Try www.beaverisland.org click Real Estate