Beaver Island Beacon Book

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Beaver Island Beacon Book

Post by sbsp »

Congratulations to Jeff and Bill Cashman of the Beaver Beacon for an outstanding job on their new book, "Life in the Beaver Island Archipelago". The book is a collection of pictures from the photographs and stories experienced while working on the Beacon. The pictures are of professional quality and a must have book for anyone living on or visiting the Island, also a wonderful gift idea. I bought my book at the Community and Visitor Information Center where they have a copy on display for viewing.
Again congratulations on a wonderful job and representation of Beaver Island.

Kirk D. McBride
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

We are back off the island. Sorry we missed the publication. I heard it is a great book and we will try and get a copy when we get back to Beaver later this year.
Cheryl
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Cheryl, I would make sure you have a copy set aside for you, they are selling out as fast as they come in.
This is by far the best promotional material for Beaver Island that I have seen in my 35 years. The Beacon and Cashmans are wonderful ambassadors for the Island. They, as well as this book, are true treasures.

Kirk D. McBride
Brad

Book

Post by Brad »

The book is an absolutely wonderful representation of the Island. Thank you Jeff and Bill, for all your hard work and your amazing book.

Brad and Pam
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

It is a wonderful book -- and available at both Museums.
BIHS volunteer
Michelle A. LaFreniere

Post by Michelle A. LaFreniere »

I picked up one for my mom today.. She was still up 2 hours past her normal bedtime perusing the pages.. We both absolutely love it! Fabulous Job!
martin

Post by martin »

What a great book! Spent many hours with the book so far.
martin
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

Fantastic book. Nobody can take a picture like Jeff Cashman! I've already bought a couple. They are going to make great Christmas gifts!
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

This is a fabulous book!! I fliped through it at McDonough's Market and had to have one for my coffee table! Great job guys!!
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Thank you Mr. Taylor, not knowing when we will be coming back to Beaver Island, I will send for some. :D A great idea. :idea:
Cheryl
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Wow - your compliments are so very kind that I'm having trouble finding words to adequately thank you all, but I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your kind words. Thank you all so much - I really appreciate your kind words (and will have to work harder to live up to them!)
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

I've got my first 3 copies...thank you Whimsy !....& shall pick up 3 more this week..( thank you Whimsy !) Jeff & Bill awesome work ! truly beautiful book. Sorry I couldn't make it to the book signing .Will there be another opportunity? Or I can drive around with my books in tow & nab you when I see you...thanks again gents great job..
pam
E T

Post by E T »

Truly a great book for memories of Beaver Island, as well as insight of what makes it what it is. Bill did a great job on the narrative and as always Jeff's pictures are great.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I'm not sure if there are any pirate pictures in the book but I will be ordering one anyway to keep on board for my visitors to Whiskey Island.

Skull&CrossBones
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

Is there a new supply of Beacon Books available at the Community Center? Anna