On The Fishing Boats-On The Other Islands

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

cheri ken

On The Fishing Boats-On The Other Islands

Post by cheri ken »

The forum will not let me put my replies in, must be doing something wrong.
Anyway, the answer to the 'guest' who asked what year is was when I was on the Sonny Don in the bad storm, (which I forgot to mention was at night, too) was 1995.
We came back as a family during other fishing seasons which started from early spring until late fall. Joey ran a trap net boat for awhile. We smoked and sold fish on the Kenwabikise property. We were able to take trips to High Island and Garden Island for excursions with groups of people from the Grand Travers Band. They would visit the old cemetary where some of the spirit houses still existed. Some would also be looking for sweet grass. Some looked for remnants of the old settlements there.
By the way, wasn't the Jerry W Clifford Naponts' old boat?
Our life is so hectic over here on the mainland. It seems I spend way too much time in the car and way too much time stressing out.
Lately I have really missed the more quiet, calmer lifestyle of living on Beaver Island.
Any work over there???(!!!!!!!)

Jerry W.

Post by Guest »

Hi Cheri yes that was Grandpa's old Rusty TuG Boat ;)
He sold it to Brain Napont i think,im not sure he ever uses it anymore.?
Im having a Hard time on the MainLand now with a PPO: & a Court Case going on me now days :/ So Happy Easter To all of you's also He has Rison :D
cheri ken

reply to reply

Post by cheri ken »

Sorry to hear that - I've been there, too. If you want, you can email me an wobbakizzy@aol.com, and we can share expereinces, advice.

Post by Guest »

Hi ok maybe i will drop you a few line's. Have a good day ;}