Hunters for Hunger

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

toddi

Hunters for Hunger

Post by toddi »

The conservation club is pleased to announce that we will be launching a "Hunters for Hunger" program with the Beaver Island food pantry.

Here is how you can participate:

-Drop your legally tagged deer on the ATV trailer located at the boat dock (Dock workers can assist you in locating the trailer)

Island volunteers will pick up your deer for processing and delivery to the food pantry where it will be distributed to families in need.

We look forward to launching Hunters for Hunger this fall and thank everyone who has expressed interest in donating their time!

Contact one of the following if you would like more info or to notify them you will be dropping your deer.

Paul Johnson 231-448-2168
Judi Meister 231-448-2963
Todd Ireland 616-340-3672
bigbuck

Post by bigbuck »

Is the BI conservation club doing this again this year? The season is here and I haven't heard what is taking place. How did it go last year?
bigbuck

Post by bigbuck »

Hate to answer my own question, but I saw in the postoffice that Jackie LaFreniere from the Beaver Island Wild Life Club is recording the deer harvest. I assume they will direct any donations to the Food Pantry. Is the BI conservation club involved anymore? Any idea on the results donations to the Food Pantry from last year. I also saw the new rules about the number of points bucks must have. Hope this works.
Jon Livingston

Post by Jon Livingston »

For full disclosure I am an environmental conservationist but not a member of the Beaver Island Conservation Club (BICC) for very valid reasons.
I believe the BICC to be defunct based on the fact that last February the BICC discovered and then disclosed that an imposter had fraudulently forged dissolution papers for BICC with the State of Michigan. The BICC retained a cyber attorney and solicited Michigan Attorney General to investigate and prosecute the responsible parties.
Under the advise of attorney the founder of the BICC stated that he would not make any further comments until the investigation is complete.
I do understand that the Beaver Island Wildlife Club is a reputable organization. Hope this helps.
Jon Livingston
bigbuck

Post by bigbuck »

I saw a nice buck go off on the boat this morning. I hope it was recorded. Too bad it wasn't headed for the food bank. :lol: