Summer Wedding. HELP!!!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BigMike

Summer Wedding. HELP!!!

Post by BigMike »

I am trying to plan my wedding on the island with the earliest time being this summer '05. I would greatly appriciate any suggestions for lodging and a venue for a reception. I am familiar with island, however our cabin just wont hold everyone planning to attend :D .

I hope to hear from anyone who might be able to help me out.
Thank you very much and Happy New Year.

Mike Verleger
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mike, Try the "Brothers Place" or John Fiegan (in the book). That would be a good place for a shindig!! How many people are you talking about. The accomodations there would be rustic but you might all be able to gather together easily, perhaps they could just host the party.
BigMike

Thank you!

Post by BigMike »

I will be up there thursday through sunday for a coyote hunt. I will check out the place while I visit. If I am correct, that is a big facility in the woods to the west of Kings Highway. Thank you Rich.

Mike
Chamber of Commerce

Beaver Island Info

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

You may want to take a look at our web site www.beaverisland.org ,click accommodations for a lot of options.
BigMike

Thank you

Post by BigMike »

Thanks for the info. If anyone has comments on any of the places, please let me know. Thanks.

Mike
Becky

Place to have reception

Post by Becky »

Just wanted to let you know that my husband and I got married on the island in July of 2003. We had our wedding at the lighthouse in town and our reception at the Holy Cross Hall. If you need to contact Kathy Adams about the hall, I believe she still handles it. Hopes this helps. Good luck and have fun! Becky