Beaver Island Games canceled

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jmcbain2

Beaver Island Games canceled

Post by jmcbain2 »

Attention all Beaver Island Celtic Games throwers and spectators â?? the games this year have been CANCELED because of funding issues. Thank you, islanders, for your years of support.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Jeremy, is it too late to keep it going if we find some support? We should be able to get a donation from ATT!!! :D Seriously, let me know.
jmcbain2

Post by jmcbain2 »

At this point, yes it is. Thank you for trying though.
Marilyn Racine

Celtic Games

Post by Marilyn Racine »

Hey Jeremy and Richie,
Please let us know what we can do to help...we'd be more than happy to. We were saddened to hear about the cancellation, and hope that the island can get you enough backing to continue the games here.
Hoping all works out,
Marilyn & Liam Racine
piper

Beaver Island Celtic Games

Post by piper »

I woud suggest an independent festival committee with a year to organize. This event is so pregnant with potential. Where else could one find the perfect venue but America's own Emerald Isle? How genuine, and how magical!

On behalf of the pipe band, I would be happy to serve as a member of such an independent committee. I imagine it would require some enthusiastic, can-do business types... like Commissioner Gillespie!
BI Community Center

Post by BI Community Center »

My apologies for not posting the cancellation of the Celtic Fest Athletic Games and Activities and Grand Traverse Pipes and Drums performance on the forum sooner, and my thanks to Jeremy, Gerry and Jack for their informative, candid and supportive conversations.

The Community Center truly regrets having to come to this very difficult decision for this year and recognizes the disappointment and inconvenience this causes.

We learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed our participation and sponsorship last year and regret that logistics and developments placed the scope beyond our resources this year.

Should there be interest in an independent festival committee, we would be happy to participate and share our insights.

Sincerely,
Ann T. Partridge
Beaver Island Community Center