Bow hunting cabin for 2005

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

tdejong

Bow hunting cabin for 2005

Post by tdejong »

3 guys are looking for a hunting cabin on the island. We would prefer to be close to public land to hunt. If someone might be intersted in a private land/cabin deal we would be interested in that too. We are traveling from Grand Rapids and Munising MI(upper peninsula). We would be interested in possible yearly lease. Any suggestions for hunting areas, lodging or a possible trade for a weeks stay in my lodge would be appreciated. You can see my cabin at http://www.powellshoreslodge.com Thanks much, Kind regards, Todd
tdejong302

hunting beaver island

Post by tdejong302 »

:( I have posed this question on numerous other forums and hunting avenues I have had many great responses and positive input. Why am I not hearing anything on this one? I am beginning to think that noone wants people hunting or exploring the island unless it doesn't involve hunting. We appreciate your input. You live there or have great ties to it. I don't expect a response to this. Noone else on this forum has responded so thanks anyway.
PowersACE

Hunting on Beaver Island

Post by PowersACE »

As far as a cabin goes, most rentals are handled thru the realtors, such as Ed Wojan Realty, Beaver Island Realty, etc. I am sure they have many near state land. Last night our wildlife club held its monthly meeting are we are closlely analyzing deer harvest statistics from the last few years and are planning on working with the DNR and possibly QDM in establishing and improving the quality of deer hunting opportunities on Beaver Island. I would be glad to discuss this further at my email jpowers@biip.net.
Thanks
Chamber of Commerce

Rental Property

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

The best source of information about rental property is the Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce. www.beaverisland.org. 231 448-2505. po box 5 Beaver Island Michigan 49782. Hunters are welcome :mrgreen: