new topic - celtic festival

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Alice Belfy

Post by Alice Belfy »

Hey Ricardo

I did not say that I don't appreciate all what the girls do -- I know they put in a very long day and even more hours planning for the Great Day. I was just saying that it's not necessarily my cup of tea.
Julie Gillespie

St Pat's

Post by Julie Gillespie »

I would like to see live music myself, otherwise I think we have a grand celebration, hear lots of positive comments from folks that have come and gone through the years. Years ago we had St Pat's dances at the hall where we had live music, folks seem to prefer sitting in the bar.

Personally I think we've outgrown the bar, would like to move to a bigger venue, but that would probably include splitting folks up. Seems on the Island it's hard to get a gang together all in one place.
J.McBain

festival

Post by J.McBain »

The pipes will lead them to salvation.
J.McBain

highland games

Post by J.McBain »

Back on the topic of highland games, when I was on the island last month, someone mentioned to me about tagging a highland games day onto your museum week. What do you all think about that idea? It would be warmer than St. Pats, so I won't freeze in my kilt and I wont have to worry about a frozen caber crushing my skull.

Post by Guest »

All is well! As long as we don't see anything hanging below the Kilt!
J.McBain

uh

Post by J.McBain »

Hey, some of us can't help it that we are blessed.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Enough with the anatomical comments already. St Patrick would diapprove!
J.McBain

I look better in the kilt than you do nah nah nah naaah

Post by J.McBain »

Your just jealous
J.McBain

correction

Post by J.McBain »

Correction, that should be "you're"