Visiting the Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jacqueline Luttrell

Visiting the Island

Post by Jacqueline Luttrell »

Hello All,
My name is Jacqueline and I live in Kalamazoo. (yes there really is a cool place named that) Our family are intersted in visiting. I know it will be a vacation but I need to know if NEXTEL works on the island.

Thank you
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

There is Nextel service in Charlevoix and Petoskey. Nextel phones do not work on the island.
Bob Tidmore
Mara

Cell Phones

Post by Mara »

How about T-mobile? Or what phones are useable up there? However, perhaps by next year others will be on the list!?!?!?

Post by Guest »

Hi there,

I just returned from Beaver Island last week. I use t-mobile and could not receive any signal on the island.

Plan on going without your cell phone during your visit. After all you are on Beaver Island.
Kris S.

cell phones on the island

Post by Kris S. »

We have Alltel, and were able to get a signal a good bit of the time while on the island this summer.
"The trouble with the rat race is, even if you win, you're still a rat." --Lily Tomlin
Mara

Cell Phones

Post by Mara »

Thanks everyone for your responses. As long as I have it in service on my way up there, I should be ok. I would be coming from IL! I can't wait!
Jim Carrow

T-Moble Service and Cellular One

Post by Jim Carrow »

Any T-Mobile customer should have some service on the Island right now as T-Mobile has roaming agreements with Cellular One. Any GSM capable phone (which T-Mobile is) should work. A second GSM antenna is about to be installed on the Island and should be turned on by the end of November. Please see other Cellular articles posted on this forum.

Jim Carrow
Cellular One