July 10, 2010 Garden Island Six 40th Reunion

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Al Biltz

Post by Al Biltz »

Well Friends, Just about one week away from our most anticipated week of the summer. Son Tim finished his Change of Command ceremony at Laughlin AFB in Texas and is now officially a civilian. He and Micki will begin their trip tomorrow winding their way to Brighton and eventually caravaning up to Charlevoix and Beaver. Jack and Linda Drage are heading out from Edenton, NC next week to join us . Jack is past leader of his American Legion unit and was asking about activities on the island. I believe son Jeremy (Leroy) will be playing with The Whitey Morgan band at The Shamrock the following weekend. Should be a good crowd with Musicfest in full swing!
Thanks to you all for putting up with my weekly dissertations! I know our family in Ohio enjoys The Forum as many of them can't stand Facebook. Can't say I blame them, too much soap opera!
Drop in and see us at The Haggard rental during the week, we would love to put a face to all those names!................... Al!
President: "Northern Brotherhood of Geezers"
Sean

Post by Sean »

Al Biltz wrote:Well Friends, Just about one week away from our most anticipated week of the summer. Son Tim finished his Change of Command ceremony at Laughlin AFB in Texas and is now officially a civilian. He and Micki will begin their trip tomorrow winding their way to Brighton and eventually caravaning up to Charlevoix and Beaver. Jack and Linda Drage are heading out from Edenton, NC next week to join us . Jack is past leader of his American Legion unit and was asking about activities on the island. I believe son Jeremy (Leroy) will be playing with The Whitey Morgan band at The Shamrock the following weekend. Should be a good crowd with Musicfest in full swing!
Thanks to you all for putting up with my weekly dissertations! I know our family in Ohio enjoys The Forum as many of them can't stand Facebook. Can't say I blame them, too much soap opera!
Drop in and see us at The Haggard rental during the week, we would love to put a face to all those names!................... Al!
Hey Al...Just read that PM you sent me...I guess I overlooked that I had one...Maybe Ill see ya the next time you are in the area...Enjoy the reunion..
Sean McDonough

Al Biltz

Post by Al Biltz »

Hey Sean!
Love that Canyon Lake area! What took you down there?
Tim and Micki moved back to their home in Spring Branch this past week and are driving up to join us on Beaver. If I could do winters in Texas and summers in MEEchigan I would be satisfied.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Al Biltz wrote:Hey Sean!
Love that Canyon Lake area! What took you down there?
Tim and Micki moved back to their home in Spring Branch this past week and are driving up to join us on Beaver. If I could do winters in Texas and summers in MEEchigan I would be satisfied.
Parent's moved us down here when I was in high school...TIP: stay out of Texas in the summer...Yes winter is nice here...I am already looking forward to winter :lol: That is quite a drive for them...25 hours if I remember right..I have made the trip a few times.
Sean McDonough

Al Biltz

Post by Al Biltz »

A big Thank You to everyone on Beaver Island for one of our best vacations ever! The week couldn't have been better from the Baggo tournament, the fireside singalong at Laurain's, the island tours, Whitey Morgan at The Beachcomber and The Shamrock plus 33 of our friends and family to help us celebrate.
Thanks to John Haggard, Theresa and Larry, Eric and Dana, Patti Fogg for her hospitality and hot rolls, neighbor Chuck. Congrats to Son Tim and Micki on their retirement from the USAF. Thanks Jack and Linda Drage for coming up from NC and leading us in the Pledge to our flag.
We hope all the first timers won't make it their last! Thanks to Bondo Bob for dropping by and sharing some stories of the old days. Good luck to Richie on his Commissioner bid. The wind took out his sign but we replaced it parallel to the prevailing gusts! Dalwhinnie's breakfasts, Mac D's Market, Harbour Market, high praise from everyone! Stay Well, until next year!!! Al and Linda Biltz
Al Biltz

Post by Al Biltz »

We're Back! Stay Tuned for The 2013 Beaver Island Geezer Rerun!
CB Paradise

Post by CB Paradise »

Key West is preparing for Isaac while Beaver Island is preparing for another Blitz which may surpass the London Blitz. I think your blitz might be more fun than our hurricane. You wild and crazy Geezers, you :-)

CB
Al Biltz

Post by Al Biltz »

True CB! Although The Grey Geezer is quite long in the tooth he never saw a party he didn't like! Riding out a hurricane or riding the ferry in November, heck, a piece of cake for us old salts! When the proper music as that of Ed Palmer or even that maestro Richie Gillespie is on deck the hearty will be there! "Stay thirsty my friends"!
CB Paradise

Post by CB Paradise »

Al -
All's fine in Key West. It was a big blow with rain but very little damage. The only surge I saw was that of Bloody Marys.
Have you set the date for the next reunion?

CB