Clarify.....Save our Children

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Tina Morgan

Clarify.....Save our Children

Post by Tina Morgan »

I need to clarify that In my previous post..... A must read.save our children........Bob Sramek said, and I quote......"Tina once told me that if Jesus were alive, he would be checking papers at the border to make sure people crossing the border were legal before giving them aid.....sounds very christian to me....NOT" end of quote........FAKE NEWS I don't know Bob Sramek so I have never had that conversation with him.....I must ask why he would have to tell a blanant LIE....did some of that article make too much sense about saving our children, that he needed the article taken down. Bob Sramek also called me a fake christian......may I conclude "I'm not a perfect Christian, I know when I need God" God Bless, protect and guide us all !
Christian.jpg
Christian.jpg (48.18 KiB) Viewed 5126 times
Bob Sramek

Re: Clarify.....Save our Children

Post by Bob Sramek »

Perhaps Tina forgets that there was a witness......Doug Tilly
Tina Morgan

Post by Tina Morgan »

Oh, that is who you are, you was talking to Doug Tilly by his truck by the hardware a few years ago....no conversation ever was made about Jesus, ask Doug Tilly! So again what was your agenda for FAKE NEWS ! God Bless, protect and guide us all!
JamesBoyle

Post by JamesBoyle »

Good Lord give it rest will ya. I'm pretty sure Jesus loves all he created, if that's what you want to believe. Keep your religious opinions to yourself. I respect your right to believe whatever you want but you don't respect anyone that differs with you're beliefs.
Tina Morgan

Post by Tina Morgan »

Agreeing to disagree means coming to an understanding with someone you disagree with. When you agree to disagree, you accept that neither of you is going to change the other's mind. That's when you stop arguing and move on!

“Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.” — Hebrews 12:14, NIV

November 05, 2021 by Molly Howard in [ Spiritual Life ] explains it....

"Maintaining peace with others outside the Christian circle is also extremely important. We do not have to compromise our own beliefs and point of view to agree to disagree or to agree not to argue, whether it be on social media, via text or even face to face.

Hebrews tells us to “make every effort to live in peace with everyone.” Is this always possible? No, peace depends on more than our own attempts, so the responsibility for it does not rest entirely on our shoulders, but we can do our part to live in harmony with others."

I will end with.......

In the center of the Bible is Psalm 118:8. It is also its’ central point: “It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man."

.......and move on ! May God continue to bless, protect and guide us all !
Attachments
God loves.jpg
God loves.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Tina, You make some very logical points using your religious beliefs from a Bible written a couple thousand years ago but in today's world vernacular my question is, does God love drag queens to include all in the LGBTQIA+ community (our communities)? Do we have a loving and accepting God or a discriminating hateful God? I will respect your honest answer even if it differs from mine, no debate or argument.
Skull&CrossBones
JamesBoyle

Post by JamesBoyle »

Your original post that has been removed was so hateful and filled with misinformation. You're still using religion (you're religion, remember there's a lot of religions out there) to qualify your hateful thoughts. None of what you said was based in fact, none of it. Here's some facts for you.

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas paid $30.9 million in 1998 to twelve victims of one priest ($55.5 million in present-day terms).[8][9]

In early 2002, The Boston Globe covered the criminal prosecutions of five Roman Catholic priests in an article that won an uncontested Pulitzer Prize. The issue of child rape and sexual assault of Roman Catholic children became a national scandal.[10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17] The coverage of these cases encouraged others to come forward with allegations of abuse, resulting in more lawsuits and criminal cases.[18]

In July 2003 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Louisville paid $25.7 million to "settle child sexual-abuse allegations made in 240 lawsuits naming 34 priests and other church workers."[8] In 2003, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston settled a large case for $85 million with 552 alleged victims.[19]

In 2004, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange settled nearly 90 cases for $100 million.[20]

In April 2007 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon agreed to a $75 million settlement with 177 claimants and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle agreed to a $48 million settlement with more than 160 victims.[21] In July 2007 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles reached a $660 million agreement with more than 500 victims, in December 2006, the archdiocese had a settlement of 45 lawsuits for $60 million.[22][23] In September 2007, the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego reached a $198.1 million "agreement with 144 childhood sexual abuse victims".[24]

In July 2008 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Denver agreed "to pay $5.5 million to settle 18 claims of childhood sexual abuse."[25]

The Associated Press estimated the total from settlements of sex abuse cases from 1950–2007 to be more than $2 billion.[23] BishopAccountability reports that figure reached more than $3 billion in 2012.[26][27]

Addressing "a flood of abuse claims" five dioceses (Tucson, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; Portland, Oregon.; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego) got bankruptcy protection.[23] Eight Catholic dioceses have declared bankruptcy due to sex abuse cases from 2004 to 2011.[28]

In 2018, bankruptcy court approved an offer from the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis to pay victims of clergy sexual abuse a total of $210 million in settlement, which was the second largest settlement for any United States Catholic Diocese and the largest by any United States Catholic Diocese in bankruptcy.[29][30][31][32]

On February 9, 2020, it was reported that five Catholic dioceses across the state of New Jersey had paid over $11 million compensate 105 claims of sex abuse committed by Catholic clergy.[33] Of these 105 claims, 98 were compensated through settlements.[33] The payments also do not involve 459 other sex abuse cases in these dioceses which are still not resolved.[33]

On May 5, 2020, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced that it now expected to pay $126 million in reparations.[34] The archdiocese also said its Independent Reconciliation and Reparations Program, which was established in 2018, has received a total of 615 claims, and had settled 208 of them for $43.8 million as of April 22, 2020.[34] That averages out to about $211,000 per claim, which is in line with what other dioceses have been paying under similar programs.[34] The same day, the total amount of money which the Archdiocese of Philadelphia expects to pay in sex abuse settlements was soon revised to $130 million.[35]

The U.S. dioceses have tallied complaints from 17,000 people for what they paid out about $4 billion to victims since the 1980s. That figure could double given recent lookback laws that give them more time to sue.

Please, please, direct your passion to this entity, the one that has been proven to prey on children. Not one person here has ever said you don't have the right to your opinion, not one! You started this (for what reason I have no idea) and continue to push on.
Tina Morgan

Post by Tina Morgan »

Know that this is my last post on this issue, from the number of views I know it reached many and that was my purpose....

WHY MY SAVE THE CHILDREN POST... I had wondered why the drag queen story hour in our schools, especially in preschool, and when I read that article it explained it "so profound" quote from friend and I wanted everyone to understand the WHY.....my focus was on our children being influenced in their vulnerable innocent years!! Please know I have family and friends who are gay who I love dearly. Many of them are concerned about their influence on our children from drag queen story hour.....

To answer your question, BI Pirate, we have a loving and accepting God as we read in John 3:16......“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

You challenged me using my "religious beliefs from a Bible written a couple thousand years ago".....I belief God is the standard for what is right and wrong. I hope we both agree God created us and knows all things.....so I trust that He knows what is best for me. God's standards of morality are in the Bible as we read in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." ..... As a Christian if I want to know what is God's will or His perspective on a given moral issue, I am so grateful, I can find my answer in the Bible. I not only find answers, I can also gain discernment and understanding that I use to move forward. The words of the Bible are always there, always alive and providing us with fresh revelation...as we read in Hebrews 4:12... "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." ......so as a learning Christian I always rely on as my source of life on the Bible, God's words as a gift to each of us!!! A must read....

Now to you James Boyle.....I don't need to "direct your passion to this entity".....God will do that as we read in Matthew 18:6.....“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.".......as for my personal view which is very unchristian(see I'm not perfect).....I hope they suffer in Hell!

May God continue to Bless, Protect and Guide us
Attachments
Christian.jpg
Christian.jpg (48.18 KiB) Viewed 4507 times
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Tina, As promised, no argument or debate. Thank you for clarifying that God loves and accepts drag queens and all members of the LGBTQIA+ community as well as everyone She created, thus, so should we. =D> =D> =D>
Skull&CrossBones
JamesBoyle

Post by JamesBoyle »

How can you still believe in a God that lets priests prey on children? You can't see the forest for the trees. You're blinded by the Bible and your views or not one bit Christian. You are the problem! We are the solution! I will believe in whatever I want to, as can you. The point of my posts are to show the Christian Right how hypocritical they are. The Catholic Church should have been shut down many years ago. Pedophiles are pedophiles. You're assuming that all people of the LBGTQ+ community are child predators. I just proved to you that's not the case. You should be ashamed of your hateful and misguided ways. I assume you want books banned as well, how Hitleresque of you and not very Christian. Your hate for a community is based on nothing other than scare tactics and not facts. If you agree the Catholic Church should still be here after all the things they knowingly allowed then you should have no issue with the LGBTQ+ community. Again, I now know who to avoid when I visit the island, thanks for that at least. Hopefully you're true to your word and stop posting this garbage. I have a feeling it won't be the last, that's all you know, hate.