Community Collaboration with Law Enforcement

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

leftmb

Community Collaboration with Law Enforcement

Post by leftmb »

Please sign if you agree and share with others. https://www.change.org/p/petition-to-ad ... m=copylink
JD1

Re: Community Collaboration with Law Enforcement

Post by JD1 »

Does that give the police a right to pull people over for no valid reason while fishing for a reason to fill the coffers by giving out a fine?
I disagree with you. Was anyone given a DUI last weekend? No.
This is America police harassment is not what we're about. Save that for the totalitarian governments.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

"No one is above the law", including the police! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Skull&CrossBones
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

James Boylé, you mischaracterize what is going on here especially in this case! Be objective or be deleted, your cousin Rich
James K Otis

Post by James K Otis »

MASS FORMATION PSYCHOSIS :idea: Study Mattias Desmet it applies to this situation......
JamesBoyle

Post by JamesBoyle »

I see with my own eyes what goes on on the island when I'm there. Just obey the laws and there's no issues. If the speed limit it 35 and you're going 36, that gives the police a reason to pull you over, it's that simple. Should they, maybe not but they have that right. Please don't tell me about how the island doesn't shun people who are not from here, it's happened to me. Please don't tell me the islanders are sad to see the seasonal people leave, they are. I've seen it, heard it and lived it. If y'a'll are so into constitutional rights , why would anyone stifle my right to free speech by deletion?