I Think, I Think I Know You

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

I Think, I Think I Know You

Post by BI Pirate »

Have you ever seen someone and you know you know them but can't come up with a name or from where? It just happened to me tonight. Seeing a friend off at the airport here in Key West, I saw this guy I knew I knew but didn't know who or from where. He was totally familiar but the eyes were engaging faster than my brain so I didn't say anything and he didn't seem to recognize me. Later, after a couple of rums, the brain synapses started to fire up. I think it was Ken Taylor from BI but he was getting off a plane from Dallas. I haven't seen him for a number of years but I'm sure it was him or a look-a-like. Crazy weird feeling that calls for a couple more rums. :shock: :roll: 8)
Skull&CrossBones
Sailorman Larry

Re: I Think, I Think I Know You

Post by Sailorman Larry »

It was him! He will be there for a month! Wish I was too!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Nailed it! So it was Ken Taylor. A doctor once told me that consuming rum was bad for my health, brain and longevity. I told the doctor that I knew more old rum drinking sailors and pirates than old doctors and they were far more fun. Medical advise or rum, my choice. I knew it was Ken Taylor. So there doctor.
Does anyone know why Mr. Taylor is on my island in the south or have his email address? If you have an email address, private message it to me so I can contact him to see if he remembers me. Can't use my smart phone because it was not smart enough to let me know it was in my pocket when I went swimming. Have a new one on order, so much for smart by either one of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skull&CrossBones
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Thanks to all for Mr. Taylor's email address. I've reached out to him to see if we can hook up while he is down here. 8) 8) 8)
Skull&CrossBones