Newcomer just saying Hi

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Cliff

Newcomer just saying Hi

Post by Cliff »

Hey all!

My name is Cliff Achatz Jr and just wanted to introduce myself before moving to the island full-time in the spring. My beautiful family and I are very excited to be apart of the community. We have been their a few times this past summer and love the slow-paced way of life and friendly people. Crazy how much a simple wave can make your day a little better. Was wondering a good way to get know everyone? Maybe buy a round of shots for everyone at beachcombers :D.

P.s. To anyone who lives off hideaway trail; sorry if I startled you firing my rifle. I wasn't aware of how many people lived back there until I spoke with Dan and Cathy who we're kind enough to tell me more about the area. Now that I know there is a gravel pit that everyone shoots at, I won't be disturbing the peace no more. Was just breaking in a new gun on the new property. My intentions are to fit in and make friends. I don't want to change anything or cause any discomfort. So if anyone has any advice for new people who are coming to the island and want to be apart of the community please share.
Gillespie

Re: Newcomer just saying Hi

Post by Gillespie »

Welcome Cliff, we will see you around and let us know if you need something! Cheers!
debrob2

Re: Newcomer just saying Hi

Post by debrob2 »

Welcome home!
I am a life-long resident and teacher at Beaver Island Community School.
I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have, or direct you to someone if I can’t answer them.

I have had this ‘vision’ in my head, since we have had so many newcomers to the island, of some kind of Welcome Party…there are so many people that I have not even met!