Disgusting

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

K.D. McBride

Re: Disgusting

Post by K.D. McBride »

That day has sadly come, maybe 3 1/2 years ago. As a Beaver Island AmVet who volunteered while in college during the Vietnam war, not a loser or a sucker or claiming bone spurs. While in the service I proudly served on the Notification Detail. We would pull up to a house in a Army car, in full dress uniform, knock on the door to inform family that their loved one had made the ultimate sacrifice of our country. They were heroes, not losers or suckers. Hopefully all those who serve or have served our country know it and will always respect military service. Disgusting!
Kirk D. McBride
James K Otis

Post by James K Otis »

There you go again... cementing your place as the George Soros of Beaver Island.....

One minute philanthropist and the next minute spewing your ministry of hate......
jmedlin

Post by jmedlin »

Disgusting is right. Donald Trump has got to be the most un-American person in the history of the nation.
Bevis

Post by Bevis »

So Trump was the one. I thought the Otis fella said it was George Soras.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

The fact that Trump is president makes it embarrassing to be an American.
mbj

Post by mbj »

Thank you McBride for your service as Notification Officer - being the soldier that comes to the door to inform parents and/or spouses that their beloved son or daughter has died in the service to our country. We are GOLD STAR parents. Our son was a Green Beret who died when his helicopter went down in Iraq. His memorial brick is implanted in your Beaver Island's Memorial Garden and we are so thankful to our AMVets who honor our service men and women there. Thanks for all the comments above that honor our military. Our country. He also served as a Notification Officer and knew how hard that was. Those 2 men were so wonderful to us - stayed for hours as the news spread and friends and family showed up to comfort.
Trump showed his great ignorance when he wondered about why our military volunteer to serve - "What's in it for them?" Honor and Courage.....
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Thank you for your post and thanks for your son's service and sacrifice for our country. And thank you for your service and sacrifice. When a loved one serves, you all serve and I know that service is hardest on the ones who stay at home praying to never get our knock at the door. Something this President will never understand or appreciate based on his demonstrated lack of empathy and disrespect for service personnel and families. His conduct can be summed up in one word as Ken so correctly stated, "Disgusting". Disgraceful could be another.
Kirk D. McBride
Bevis

Post by Bevis »

I also would like to say that I am truly sorry for your loss MBJ and you can believe I don't think your son was a loser. He is one of the heroes that made our country great a few years ago.
duffer

Post by duffer »

my father was an air force vet 22 years he told me he wanted me to go to college not the service. he supported me in every way he was army air corps then air force my father retired with 22.000 hours of air time he never fought but ran logistics ..... supplies to the european campain and the south pacific, i admire the photos he took of see bee's working laying air stips etc he was a die hard republican but not this kind of dividing republican vote the bone spurs out any vet or cop who supports him is delusional.... he says he did not want pabic for the pandemic but sewed fear about mexicans and the democrats,,,,, my mother was the kindest person in the world and a democrat... dont let the flounder and chief fool the people
duffy
Bevis

Post by Bevis »

Seems Otis crawled back into his cabin. Must not be a Veteran.
Attachments
1D074C19-D8E0-4115-9BB3-F76E434EEDB1.jpeg
1D074C19-D8E0-4115-9BB3-F76E434EEDB1.jpeg (46.13 KiB) Viewed 5216 times