Island Airways Extended Service

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Angel Welke

Island Airways Extended Service

Post by Angel Welke »

Is anyone interested in regular flights from Beaver Island directly to (1) Petoskey / Harbor Springs; (2) Gaylord; (3) Traverse City; or (4) Manistique? Please e-mail me at angel@islandairways.com or call me (home 2374 or work 800 524 6895).
Kevin Green

Post by Kevin Green »

how about Beaver Island to Chattanooga?!! :D
davedudek

Post by davedudek »

Traverse city would work for me about 3-4x yr.

D
Dan Wardlow

Post by Dan Wardlow »

Wow ... we would be interested in regular flights to Petoskey/Harbor Springs. In fact, that would be preferable for us over flights to Charlevoix. Better shopping, more service professionals, easier access to I-75 for downstate runs, no summer bridge traffic problems ... all around better than Charlevoix.
donkeylady

flight to Harbor Springs/ Petoskey

Post by donkeylady »

Count me in on the flights to Harbor.......Just FYI to all....It's only 10 min. to downtown Petoskey from Harbor Airport. They have FREE parking all the time, last I checked, and we don't have to deal with the bottle neck traffic issues of downtown CVX in the summer!!

I would commute to back and forth to Harbor every week, and also John, who is working up there this spring too! Beth McCafferty
Beth or John McCafferty
27890 Barneys Lake Rd.
Unfinished Farms
Beaver Island, MI.
jmcbain2

traffic in Petoskey

Post by jmcbain2 »

You will have to deal with the bottleneck nightmare of traffic through Bay View though.
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

One might think about "leaking" this thread to the Charlevoix mayor's office.....
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
larry hall

Post by larry hall »

I would probably fly to Petoskey 3 - 4 times a year.
Stephen C. West

Post by Stephen C. West »

"The anti-boycott group might discover that these alternative destinations are just a thinly veiled "boycott Charlevoix" plan and heap ridicule upon the idea"

You mean this isn't about more options for travel to Beaver Island?

Perhaps a Fly Harbor Springs bumper sticker is in order. :D
BigMike

Post by BigMike »

I would be interested in Gaylord service. Living in Mt.Pleasant, it would cut an hour of driving each way. I'm sure others in my direction might also be up for that idea.
kanderson

Post by kanderson »

Traverse City would be great...I live in Grand Rapids and it would cut out some time.
jboyle

Post by jboyle »

We would be interested in Traverse City. It would make Kevin's commute much simpler. Thanks!
kirsten johnson

Post by kirsten johnson »

I know of a lot of people who would be interested in flights direct from Traverse City to the island during winter months, a lot of college kids have to come home svereal times over the course of the winter and flying out of Charlevoix is sometimes an inconvienience...