Joddy Croswhite

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

debrob2

Joddy Croswhite

Post by debrob2 »

I know that many of you are very concerned for Joddy Croswhite. I have been asked by many how he is doing and was asked earlier today if I would post something on the forum to let everyone know.

Joddy Croswhite, who we all know is awaiting a liver transplant, was hospitalized on early Friday morning after a long night of waiting to be airlifted out of here. Joddy began vomiting blood at midnight and could not be taken off the island (due to poor weather) until almost 9 am. He was quickly taken into surgery to repair some burst nodules in his esophagus. Once in surgery, it was determined that they would not be able to fix it as easily as they had initially thought. They transferred him to another surgical room and immediately began a different, more invasive surgical procedure. Joddy did well in the surgery but required massive amounts of blood which was quite concerning.

Although his progress has been slowed due to a high fever (now gone I believe) and his poor liver function, he is steadily improving. Joddy was on a ventilator until mid-morning today. It was removed and the sedation stopped. Unfortunately, because of his inability to filter all of the sedation properly (again, because of the liver) he is not able to wake up from the sedation as easily. At 2:00 pm today, when John, Emily and I were there to see them, he was conscious, but far from alert. He struggled to keep his eyes open even for a second or two, but we all saw the smallest of smirks when John told him that we brought all of his instruments so heâ??d better wake up to play. (We didnâ??tâ?¦so we might be in trouble if he remembers.)

Everything seems very hopeful for Joddy, so keep the prayers comingâ?¦

Beth is aware that I am posting this and in fact, may be able to check the forum from time to time, so please feel free to leave your well wishes for Joddy and Beth here. We can always print them off and send them to him.

I will continue to post updates as I receive information.

Debbie Robert

***Beth, Joddy, Stryder and Saygan,
Let me be the first to sayâ?¦you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.
Love,
Debbie & John Robert & family
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Our thoughts and prayers are for this wonderful music man and his family during this time.
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

My concerns are there you, Joddy and Beth. My son Forrest Powers always had a great deal of admiration for you both and your family. My prayers include you tonight and as long as you need it.
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Steve and I send our best to Joddy, Beth, Stryder and Sagan. May they find the strength to sustain them during these difficult and challenging times.

Trish Scott
Nich

Well wishes!

Post by Nich »

Our prayers and well wishes go to Joddy, Beth and family. You are in our thoughts.
Ted & Pam Nicholas
Ted Nicholas
nich01@tds.net
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

My thoughts and best wishes are with all of you.
~Cindy Ricksgers
Cindy
Janine

Post by Janine »

Joddy and Beth, prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way from here in Pennsylvania. Modern medicine can do amazing things. Hugs to you both,
Janine and Rick
Jim

Post by Jim »

Joddy, Beth, Stryder, and Saygan,

Know that Donna and I are thinking of you all, and that if you need anything, just give us a call.

Jim and Donna
Rory Connaghan

Post by Rory Connaghan »

All of us fellow Prisoners of Paradise are with you and yours all the way Joddy. Thinking of you and sending mad amounts of good energy to our Spiritual Warrior.
Keith Szczepanski

Post by Keith Szczepanski »

Beth,Stryder,Saygan and Joddy you are all in our thoughts,and we will see you soon.
nancy

Joddy

Post by nancy »

My thoughts and prayers are with Joddy and Beth at this difficult time.

Nancy Peterson
larry hall

Post by larry hall »

Joddy,

Get well soon. My prayers are with you. I want to hear you at the Music Fest again this year.

Larry Hall
lorettasdaughter

Be Well Soon!

Post by lorettasdaughter »

My love and strongest positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way for you and your family! *HUGS*

Brooke
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Joddy, Beth and boys,
Good wishes and we are hoping for a swift recovery. Get well soon Joddy.
Do not hesitate to ask for any help we can give.
Your next door neighbors,
John & Sandra
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Joddy, Best wishes and prayers for a quick recovery!