Seasonal Boat Slip?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

KateL

Seasonal Boat Slip?

Post by KateL »

Good morning,
I know it’s a tad chilly outside to be thinking about summer, but my husband and I are hoping to buy property on the island and stay on our boat in town at a seasonal slip as we go through that process and hopefully get started on some projects. We did a short term stay at the private marina last fall but with the sale she directed me to the township. I’m guessing (?) township seasonable slips might be harder to come by so I thought I’d ask here if anyone may know of a private slip to lease for spring-fall. (We also have an email into the harbor master.) Any help in the right direction would be appreciated as our current slip in Charlevoix is up for renewal now and we’d like to make a plan to be on Beaver before signing that lease again. The boat is a 38 length overall sport fishing style power boat and we come with two dogs :)

Thanks everyone.

Kate
Angel Welke

Re: Seasonal Boat Slip?

Post by Angel Welke »

Kate.....Send Paul Cole, Chamber of Commerce Executive Director, an e-mail at chamber@beaverisland.org. I am sure he can help with your questions.

Angel Welke
KateL

Re: Seasonal Boat Slip?

Post by KateL »

Thank you both for the quick reply, I’ll definitely follow up.

We stayed at Anderson’s Marina in September and had a great time - ended up changing plans to stay for the week. While we were there I found myself reading a bunch of the presentations online about the new arrangement with the foundation and the marina but guess I didn’t realize it was going to be all settled in time for this boating season. Thanks again, really looking forward to moving that way!