I Have Four Kids

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AdamR

I Have Four Kids

Post by AdamR »

Hello All,

I have four students in US History & Geography this school year, and they will be collecting oral histories over homemade dinner. We will be especially interested in histories of people who have 60+ years under their belts -- the more years the merrier. Could you drop some names here? Whose history would you like to hear told?

Being a school year project, these need to be people who are here at some point between October and May.
I am looking forward to your recommendations!

Adam Richards
7-12 Social Studies Teacher
Beaver Island Community School
thenomads2

Re: I Have Four Kids

Post by thenomads2 »

Skip McDonough
Adam Richards

Post by Adam Richards »

Got it!
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Richie O’Donnell, Bev O’Donnell Cantwell, Loretta LaFreniere Slater, Sandy LaFreniere Lodico, Joan LaFreniere, Alvin LaFreniere, Brian Gallagher, Ed Wojan, Mike Green, Jeanne Wojan Gillespie, Ron Wojan, John Gillespie, Richie Gillespie, Tim McDonough, Garrett Cole, Paul Cole, Brian Cole, on and on!

I find that group gatherings, especially of family members, less than five in number, they really get talking and remembering stories that play off each other. Can be a really fun project!
Adam Richards

Post by Adam Richards »

Thank you+

And yes - we had Loretta, Marie, and Bev in a couple of years ago and that was a fun way to do it!
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

Loie Connaghan has a lot of stories to tell as well :)
Kaylyn Jones
Adam Richards

Post by Adam Richards »

Thank you!