Peaine Township Meeting Tomorrow

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

E C

Post by E C »

lies, lies, lieswhy are you so mean to people who are on boards. No wonder no one wants to be on a board with people like you.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Surprise, surprise, no name attached...I am not on a board, but I do support those that take the time to serve. Calling people liars is a strong accusation...

Tracey
E C

Post by E C »

is Andy on the board or was Bard on the board so who are you supporting.
E C

Post by E C »

Unless you were part of the call you are getting information from Andy and you both could be spreeding fake news.
My name is Ed Ukasion.
Wkohls

This is not fake news . . .

Post by Wkohls »

As Ron Wojan noted in another post, there are two sides to every story. Readers of this Forum should be skeptical; many of the posts are misleading, factually incorrect and/or fail to disclose additional information that would provide important context. For example . . .

In her post on October 1, 2016, Pam chastises me for failing to distributive a report relating to an EMS ballot proposal, which (in part) read, â??For months various individuals, myself included, have asked for the ESA board to communicate and keep the taxpayers notified of what is going on with EMS and funding. To date nothing has been released. As Bill Kohls stated, "the EMS Fact Sheet for voters is on my desk." The island is 30 days out from a vote!â?￾

Unfortunately, that post failed to disclose additional information to provide context.

I distributed a draft background report to the BIESA board for review at its regular meeting which was held on August 25, 2016. Surprisingly, Brad Grassmick, a BIESA board member, questioned my authority to distribute a draft report for the boardâ??s review. Although Dr. Grassmick was critical of the draft report, he did not provide any comments, suggested revisions and/or edits. Nor did he take the time to draft an alternate report. Although Dr. Grassmick objected to a friend helping me draft the report, he did not object to soliciting comments from the Beaver Island Association.

Among the BIAâ??s comments to the draft report was a suggestion that the report should not be distributed until the BIESA board had established a proposed course of action. (For those who may not be aware, Pam Grassmick is a member of the BIA board and, presumably, was fully aware of the BIA boardâ??s positions with respect to EMS and the draft report.)

At its meeting on September 29, 2016, the BIESA board established a course of action. When asked about a report, I noted that I had a draft on my desk. I also asked Bob Anderson and Ken McDonald, members of the BIA board, if they would be available to help finalize the report.

In summary . . . 1) Brad Grassmick challenges my authority to draft a report; 2) The BIA encourages me to delay distribution of that report; and 3) Pam Grassmick chastises me for not having distributed the report.

Obligatory disclosure: The forgoing reflects my personal thoughts; I am not speaking on behalf of the Peaine Township board or the BIESA board.
Last edited by Wkohls on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E C

Post by E C »

Why should anyone believe you story.
My name is Ed Ukasion.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Not fake news ED, go to a meeting, read the minutes. Mr Kohls is stating FACTS. You are just uninformed, obviously.

Tracey
Wkohls

I said there would be more to follow . . .

Post by Wkohls »

Back to Pamâ??s March 18th post. She writes that, â??Normally with regards to our Island townshipsâ?? authorities, the townships have always defended that the township paying the predominance of taxes would retain the controlling number of members for that authority.â?￾

It's hard to see much truth in the statement. The ability for one of the townships to appoint a majority of the board for any authority or commission is limited to the ESA.

A few years ago, St. James asked Peaine to match the millage rate, rather the dollar-amount taxes contributed to EMS. I recommended to the Peaine board that the township match the millage rate. Since Peaine would contribute approximately 60% of funding, I further suggested that the township be able to name three of the five board members. St. James agreed (but I don't think the entire board liked it!)
Bob

Post by Bob »

What is Tracey doing in this posting? How many meetings has she attended? Let us hear from her all about her experiences with meetings and minutes to meetings. Or is she just repeating what she has been told to repeat?
Bob
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

EC, Bob

Obfuscate - to be evasive, unclear, or confusing

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obfuscate
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Dear Bob,

I have worked with Mr Kohls. I have attended meetings and read the meeting minutes, agendas, printed them off, distributed them. And how many have you attended? I am not repeating anything that everyone doesn't already know. You and ED are attacking some of Beaver Islands hardest working, upstanding citizens...why? Who is directing your actions??

Tracey
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

EC stated "andy; why are posting false accusations about Brad. there are two sides to the story you did not say you were on the call. You are as unprofessional as your husband making up this story."

EC without having the backbone to put your full name on the forum I have nothing more to say to you. You can call and talk to Brad

Anyone that knows me knows one thing for sure, I don't lie.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Bob

Post by Bob »

And you tracey are attacking or supporting an attack on Dr. Grassmick. You can't hold a candle to what he has done. Pushing papers is a joke. I can only hope that andy doesn't have anymore to say period. What a dastardly attack on a very fine person.
Bob
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Again:

Bob if you don't have the backbone to put your full name I will not waste me time with you.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I do not see where anyone had the right to call anyone a liar on the post. Could you outline the lies that were stated. I do not see a fact that you could base your calling someone a liar Could you clear the air on this. Thanks

John McCafferty
Last edited by islandliving on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.