WARNING! ESA appointments coming

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow:
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

"Bill Kohls and the BIRHC have shown they are not friends to the doctors and other medical people living on Beaver Island."

Ken I have to tell you this really made me laugh out loud as I am on call for the next 3 days with EMS, I had no idea my husband felt this way to medical people. I really feel like you might be reaching here. I understand that you are not able to be at BI, you might want to look for a better source for more accurate information.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

"Bill Kohls and the BIRHC have shown they are not friends to the doctors and other medical people living on Beaver Island."

What a great way to start a post??

Based on this?.

"How about that time that Connie Wojan went to the St James Township and said she did not want Jeff Powers on her board"

So Bill Kohls and the whole BIRHC Board are not friends with any of the doctors or medical people living on Beaver Island??

This is a proven fact because Connie Wojan may have asked that Jeff Powers not be on "her" board??

Wow!!! Unbelievable!!!!

John McCaffertty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

slan·der
ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV network for slander"
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

Ken . . .

Thanks for your post.

You may not be aware that BIEMS reports exclusively to the Northwest Medical Control Authority with respect to all patient care issues.

BIEMS reports to the Beaver Island Emergency Services Authority only with respect to the business-side of their operations.

This may explain why trained medical personnel do not typically serve on the boards of EMS authorities.

(Just to be clear, I do not imply that trained medical personnel are not otherwise qualified to serve on the BIESA board.)

Best wishes . . .
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

No one can explain how the BIRHC makes its decisions and Connie's rejection of Dr. Powers. But I don't think it is a secret that Bill Kohls appears not to have good vibes for Brad Grassmick and Joe Moore, both qualified medical professionals. Maybe Peaine Township will decide they need more bankers and insurance agents making key medical decision for the Island. Time will tell. My opinion only.

(edited for typos)
Last edited by K.D. McBride on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirk D. McBride
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

When I was a head nurse of an emergency department, I was a member of an ESA board for Western Wayne County which serviced all the runs from Detroit Metro. I can tell you that medical input was critical and as I attend the Beaver Island ESA meetings, there are issues which come before this board that require knowledge of medical care. The business decisions made by this ESA board often have an impact on health care delivery here on the island. Future issues include disaster planning for the island which does require medical expertise.

Many on the island and not just from one township view this board's make-up as essential to making good decisions on our behalf.
McGrass
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Is is just the fact that they got rid of equipment and a dentist make them â??stupid â??. Or is it also because also they are not friends with the doctors and medical people that makes them â??stupidâ?￾ ?
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

1.) Please be kind and considerate, and keep the forum constructive.
3.) Please keep the forum clean and appropriate for any age. Posts which are intended to attack or offend others are not appropriate.

Ken just reminding you about #1 & #3 rules since Richie obviously selects who he is or isn't going to reinforce these rules. Calling people stupid isn't kind, or considerate and the approach you are choosing isn't constructive and is definately intended to attack and/or offend others.

Another thought is just because things are not always done the way you think is best doesn't always make them wrong, I know that is hard for you to comprehend.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

I can't speak for Ken but I think his point is that drumming the dentist off the Island and then insulting her by offering to buy her equipment for $1, is poor decision making. Now having to look for grant money that could be used for other things and now required to buy dental equipment is fiscally irresponsible. What's poor decision making or fiscally irresponsible to some is stupid to others. A rose by any other name..... It does not change the state of affairs that the Island now finds itself in with no dentist or equipment and you can't fix that with Duck Tape.
Kirk D. McBride
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Ken, I do want to commend you on your courage to call a whole group of people stupid along with all the other horrible names you called them through out your post about the dentist. I donâ??t even call my 1 year old Labrador Puppy â??stupidâ?￾ when he does something I think is wrong. You have the courage to categorize a whole group and call them names behind your computer screen in Livonia Michigan. WOW!!! I would have a hard time facing the people after that. So much COURAGE!!! Way better than all the people hiding behind there fake names because they are big CHICKENS!!! So keep up the good work Ken, Iâ??m sure your approach will get whomever you want on whatever board you want.

John McCafferty
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

:roll:

Ken...did you ever consider that your name slinging, name calling outburst impact the family members of the ones you are verbally attacking? I find your post title ironic as we need one that reads...WARNING, inappropriate comments, click with caution.

Filters Ken...filters.

Hope your dentist appointment went well...don't know of any dentist open on a Saturday. Most are even closed on Fridays!!!

Kathe
debrob2

Please! For the love of God!

Post by debrob2 »

Please, for the love of God, could you people just email each other this ridiculous banter! Because you sure arenâ??t talking to the general public, you are just bickering at each other. THINK before you speak (or post!)
THINK before you Speak
T=Is it True?
H=Is it Helpful?
I=Is it Inspiring?
N=Is it Necessary?
K=Is it Kind?

Please. Just email each other. You donâ??t have to stop bickering. Iâ??m just asking you to leave the rest of us out of it!
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Ken, donâ??t you think that the same people jump in and defend is because you keep calling the same people â??stupidâ?￾ ?????
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Deb,

Thank you for your post. I appreciate you wanting the arguing to stop. I do too. I am guilty of getting too emotionally invested in what I feel is unkind and unfair comments. I truly think that the people (including me) "arguing"with Ken and his fake friends are all asking for them to do the same thing you are. If the forum would enforce it's own rules there would be little to no arguing. I do like your THINK comment and if Ken would agree to use it i have no doubt the crap would stop. There would be no need for bantering. The last time Ken attacked several people by name he finally removed them all, that did not happen because everyone sat quiet. It happened because people stood up to him.

Look at the post Ken just posted. He twisted your words and made it appear you agree with his tatics. Using your THINK I would think you don't. Hard to not banter and respond back when you are misunderstood or attacked.

I appreciate your post Deb. You bring up great points. Unfortunately, you can not use THINK on the forum as in order for it to be effective everyone has to follow the forum rules. Ken and his "friends" do not and sitting quietly or emailing them does not work. Many have emailed and Private messaged them asking them to stop.

ADDITIONAL RESPONSE: Because this post is in the process of getting moved down the feed I do not want to post a new comment to Kraigs comment direct Kraig, I am not sure what your purpose is on this Forum other than to agitate and make fun of people. I have not jabbed Ken, I have simply asked him to stop saying horrible things about people. Again, you attempt to twist. I see now Ken is being very sensitive to other topics and pulling previous post to the top. What I find ironic is that Ken is not using the "bump" account anymore Seems Ron put that one in perspective. Perhaps if you, Ken, Pirate, Bump and all the other fake names took Debs advice and just emailed each other than there would be no need to defend. Make fun of me, try to twist all you want. If Ken steps out of line he will be called out, publically.
Last edited by meadefamily on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:30 am, edited 5 times in total.