Kohls/Gallagher Website

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

islandliving

Kohls/Gallagher Website

Post by islandliving »

islandliving

Post by islandliving »

One Island (2) Townships!!!
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Bump
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Will we be seeing anything soon about the pros of consolidation. The cons have been pretty much spelled out ??

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Bump
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Both townships and independent groups are working diligently to inform us about the pro's and con's. Give them half a chance. They will all decide when to release it to the public. I am sure they have educated and real reasons for not rushing to put their facts out on both sides of the consolidation. You sound as if you have a lot of good information and I would like to see more of your facts about the consolidation. Maybe you can sway the vote and make a difference.

You also act as if "this group" hid in secret. They didn't and if they did who cares anymore. It was posted on the forum and shared. It is also public knowledge. As voters and taxpayers we have the right to have people against the consolidation give logical and solid reasons why this would not be a good idea as much as from those for consolidation. I would hope that every one of our elected officials was considering what this might mean and doing their job to serve the taxpayer by showing their fiduciary duty to the taxpayer. The truth is that the burden falls to everyone pro and con. If it wasn't wanted by a portion of the voters/taxpayers and things were amazingly perfect it wouldn't have gotten to the ballot. Now it is in motion and our choice in checking the box will be moved by what information moves us.

To date I have seen a lot more valid reasons to consolidate than against. I am more than happy to be proven wrong but make an actual fact statement to the contrary.

Part of a post from February 13th. How long do we have to wait for anything? The election is coming fast.

John McCafferty
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

Hey, John . . .

In addition to the pro's and con's, I would like to know the amount of the legal fees the petitioners have paid to put township consolidation on the ballot. I would also like to know who paid these fees.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Good question. Would it be legal for any township funds to be used to get the consolidation on the ballot?

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Township residents should know that the St James Township Board as a whole will seek to remain neutral in the discussion of the proposition and will seek to provide information which voters request in a timely manner. The St James Township Board is committed to providing factual information to island residents and welcomes input on how, where and when this can be accomplished. A township consolidation proposition tab will be added to the townshipâ??s website as a location to post relevant factual information. The township supervisor will be the townshipâ??s contact person for inquiries and/or requests for information.

Has this been added yet?

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

The township consolidation proposition tab is what I am looking for? If anyone can find it could you give me some direction to look at it.

John McCafferty
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

John,

Are you talking about on Angels website or St. James?

On St. James you have to go to news/announcments and follow from there. Here is the link to the PDF.

www.stjamestwp.org/news_and_announcemen ... nter_rz653

Kathe
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I can get into the websites but do not see any new information concerning consolidation. Is info to be posted on the website? If so does anyone know when?

John McCafferty
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

That is all i see as well.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

It seems now if we are against consolidation we are against St. James Township. Where did this come from. Is it because our Supervisor took the time to show Peaine residents why consolidation would be a bad idea for the Island and St. James chose to be silent. How could a township in this issue choose to be silent? It is a â??TOWNSHIP CONSOLIDATIONâ?￾. ??????

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

SAVE BEAVER ISLAND VOTE NO ON â??TOWNSHIP CONSOLIDATIONâ?￾

John McCafferty