A Personal Message - WARM best wishes

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

A Personal Message - WARM best wishes

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

A Personal Message Feb - 2018

To: All

I have informed the Chamber Board of Directors that after 15 or so years as Executive Director that I will retire in October this year.

I will be 70 in August. Itâ??s time to step down. I have really enjoyed my work and hope it has benefited Beaver Island. I have sincerely said many times, â??this is lowest paying job I have ever had and the one I liked the most.â?￾

With national consumer and business confidence at a decade plus high, employment up and growing, a booming stock market and very strong Island real-estate sales I see some great years ahead for Beaver Island.

All of us are replaceable and that sure as heck includes me. The board of directors is currently discussing many options & ideas about concerning how the job should be structured in the future. They welcome your ideas. Please communicate directly with:

President - Rachel Teague rachel@freshairaviation.net
V P - Diane McDonough mcdonoughdiane@hotmail.com

Think spring! Iâ??m looking forward to this summer on beautiful Beaver Island. As my time as Executive Director winds down - perhaps a little more fishing is in order.

Warm best wishes to all !!!

Steve
â??The Chamber Guyâ?￾
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Thanks Steve for 15 years of service, you are well deserved a retirement.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn