Joined: 09 Oct 2008
|Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 pm
Post subject: Hiring a Hotel Manager
|Beaver Island Lodge is hiring a seasonal hotel manager.
The job will be May 1st to October 31st.
Housing is available.
Coordinate cleaning staff, the front desk operations, grounds and facilities maintenance. Work with a budget, interview, hire and train new staff, resolve employee conflicts, and help guests with any issues they might have.
Job skills and requirements:
• Customer-Service: Deal with guests every day. Customer loyalty begins with good service and friendly demeanor.
• Interpersonal Skills: Being calm and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.
• Leadership: Manager needs to be able to motivate their employees, resolve issues and complaints from guests.
• Listening: Excellent listening skills are needed, especially with guests. Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
• Management: Working with budgets, planning, creating schedules and supervising operations are all a part of the job. Utilize an online hotel reservation and scheduling system.
• Organization: Hotels have a lot of moving parts, from guests to maintenance, to events to budgets and scheduling. Hotel managers need to keep it all organized.
• Problem-Solving: Need to be able to think quickly on their feet and make decisions when problems come up.