Ultimate Solution To Consolidation

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

Ultimate Solution To Consolidation

Post by BI Pirate »

I see the debate rages on this morning even while I type. I wasn't going to say anything more but I do not want to disappoint my new best friend Kathe who keeps tricking me into this debate. But, enough about me.
I spent last night tipping with my best friend Sailor Jerry. Half way through our indulgences we came up with the ultimate solution to consolidation. Beaver Island secede from the United States and apply for statehood as the 51st state, Michiconsin. Appointment two mythical characters as Governor and Lieutenant Governor, call them say: Bill and Ed, strictly fictitious. We would not be a red state, blue state or purple state but instead be a lavender state for healing purposes. As a political party we would become Republicrats.
Think of what we could accomplish if we united our energies on issues, our results could know no bounds with our differences and problems being nonexistent.
I now end to nurse the worst hangover I've ever had.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We could live by Lake Wobegon's motto, "Where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average." :wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by BI Pirate on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Skull&CrossBones
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

:^o :^o :^o
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Kathe, Are you saying my pants are on fire or is that you poking your nose into my posts again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
aka/Don
Skull&CrossBones
stardust

one better

Post by stardust »

CMU sells out to DISNEY they create a Theme park, The King Strand Hotel could be turned into the Haunted house. they would bring hotels and infrastructure affordable high speed transportation. Property value's would sore. Problem solved
Nancy Levant

Post by Nancy Levant »

OMG!! Best post EVER, Pirate! Can we vote for new state's name?
Michifish!! Then we could be Michifishies.
Nancy
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

How sweet it is! When I look at Kathe's emoticons above, I see three little buddies licking peppermint sticks and enjoying it. Michifish, where all the Michifishies are strong, good looking and above average. Kathe, great response to my post. :D :D :D
aka/Don - See, I'm no longer a coward without a name. 8)
Skull&CrossBones
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

OMG!! Jeez Louise You are SO FUNNY!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Glad to see you have your daily "FIX" Don... :lol: :lol: :lol:
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

If the consolidation vote passes I suggest the name Archipelago Township. I wouldn't want the inhabitant of Whiskey Island feeling left out
Brendan McCaw
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

That is actually a pretty cool name!!
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

It would more accurately describe the geographic entity. There is a house on Trout and Squaw Island light house recently sold.
Brendan McCaw
Kathy Richards

Post by Kathy Richards »

Beaver Island Pirate, will you marry me ? Your wit causes my brain to light up. Is their a dowry requirement ?
Blacksmith Apprentice

Pirate for King

Post by Blacksmith Apprentice »

Pirate has many insightful observations. I suggest we appoint him King of Beaver Island Archipelago. We had James Strang in 1850's. Pirate would do a good job and end any strife. Plus, pirating may be our economic niche. There must be a lot of boats to plunder.

Hiding behind my userame.