Thank You All!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

medic5740

Thank You All!

Post by medic5740 »

First off, thank you all for coming out to Stoney Acres last night for the benefit. We were rather overwhelmed by the turnout and all those who care. As far as I know, the one, and only one, drawback to to living here is having an illness that requires many, many trips back and forth to the mainland. So thank you all, especially Dana and Eric Hodgson, who hosted, to the wonderful cooks, and the waitresses and bartenders who hustled like crazy, and to Paul and Angel Welke for their continued help. We are totally humbled by you all and by those who have donated on the Go Fund Me page. Thank you feels a bit small, but it's all we have at the moment. I begin another round of doctor appointments this Friday, PET scan and biopsy on the 23rd, and back to my oncologist on the 2nd. Now, what are the high points of having cancer? Let's see, you get to travel A LOT, you meet all sorts of new people (doctors, nurses, technicians, fellow travelers of this special trip in waiting rooms), you learn hundreds of new words (words for machines, scans, medicines, etc.), and most importantly, you FEEL all the love and prayers that people offer up for you. Thank every single one of you!

Phyllis Moore, oh, and Joe too!
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow: