Township Consolidation Road Show

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Trust me those are very strong people and a little BI Pirate is not going to silence anyone with his antics. See now I am in a debate about nothingness! Doing exactly what I meant we shouldn't do. Shame on me for falling for it.
burton
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Carol,

Here is a post from you a few threads back...
That petition has everyones ear and (taxpayers) want to be heard and respected.
You think BI Pirates thread was encouraging people having a voice and being respected? Next time you choose to lecture me about my contents make sure you review yours.

I agree that these threads do hurt the community...but remember you just encouraged it. Poking fun with your peers is one thing. Hiding behind a name is another. Spin it how you wish...
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

That quote has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is a trap excellently laid by a pirate. These people do not need yours, mine, or anyone's defense or squabbling over who said what etc. every day. I know them and respect them. They are tough people and can handle a little BI Pirate.
burton
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Thanks Carol...but I was one of THESE people he poked at. You are missing the point. And yes...your quote does. If people who voice concerns are singled out and attempted to be come the "joke" how do you think that others will respond? So we allow voices and respect only when it suites our agenda?

Yes, BI PIRATE, (AKA..Don I believe) is looking for a rise, he does get off on creating these threads and trapping others in them. As does Tree Hugger, and the others that cloud the topics time and time again. I find no humor in it. I find it offensive and disrespectful to EVERYONE that loves BI.

Perhaps it is time for the forum rules to be followed and then I suspect the Road show will be over....
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I have had fun poked at me from the start of the Township consolidation post. Because I am obviously against the consolidation and the squeaky wheel looking for answers and facts. Where is the fun poking at the supporters. Supporting that behavior I donâ??t believe will win the election. There is just as many against the consolidation as there is for it so why single out people voicing there opinions. Why listen to someone that is afraid to identify them selfâ??s.

John McCafferty
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Whoa - Whoa - Whoa, Everyone gives me way too much credit for being able to influence anyone's decision making or smart enough to set a trap for anything other than a mermaid, always hope. I'm afraid some of you are so deep in the weeds of the consolidation controversy that my humor blows right over your heads. Please don't confuse me for someone who gives a mermaid's flipper whether there is a consolidation or not. My only reason for the humor on the Consolidation Road Show was from reading the thread, "Interest find on township consolidations", where out of 50 total replies, John, Nancy, Andy and Kathe made up 37 of the replies. Sorry for slighting Pam, Bob, William, Pike, Bill, ExIsle, Carol, Joe and Richie who racked up a total of 13. I thought the Road Show a good idea because in reading the forum posts, it became like reading a bad long chapters of War and Peace (without the peace). Just thought a road show might be easier to follow, all sides invited.
And to my special Kathe, I love you more! Your posts about me always put a smile on my face, cowardly as I am. I want to know who gave me up? :D :shock: 8) :roll: :wink:
If I did give a mermaid's flipper, I would be more worried about the future of the island and tourism than one or two townships. Miss that critical point and one township makes sense with only one hall to shut the lights off in. :( :( :(
Skull&CrossBones
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

:lol:
Last edited by Andy's Grooming Barn on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Nancy Levant

Post by Nancy Levant »

Jeez Louise! Great post, Pirate. I think it's funny! :D
Nancy