JOB - Central Michigan & Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

steveandelaineonbeaver

JOB - Central Michigan & Beaver Island

Post by steveandelaineonbeaver »

Job Posted - by request of Preston Herron.
GREENWALD & B.C. INC. GENERAL CONTRACTORS

Beaver Islandsâ?? most trusted General Contractor is seeking a skilled lead carpenter(s). The company is growing and we need an individual that desires to lead other carpenters and subcontractors to join our team. A working lead carpenter must be capable of producing projects on their own with support from the office. Only highly qualified individuals who have a history of producing high quality projects need apply. Our work is primarily in the Central Michigan and Beaver Island Areas. Competitive wages will be paid to the successful candidates based on their skill and abilities with benefits such as vacation, and 401k available. On Island housing, vehicles and equipment will be provided. We supply for our staff a house in the harbor district as well as trucks, trailers, shops, and lots of equipment. Candidates should possess strong people and organizational skills. Only self-starting, intuitive, and highly dependable individuals need apply as these are the skills required to help continue and build on our tradition of providing excellent customer service. Send resume to michiganbuilderhiring@gmail.com
Steve and Elaine West
20 Southern Oak Dr
Camden SC 29020
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Stevie, I'm waiting for the punch line. :? :wink: :?
Skull&CrossBones
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

How do you get the title â??Beaver Islandsâ?? most trusted General Contractorâ?￾ I have been in the building business for 33 years and my father before that and have not claimed that title. Kinda a slam to all Island Contractors. Actually I have not even heard of your company until the add on the forum. I wish you well with your search, sounds like a great position. Are you also the best?

John McCafferty
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

The successful candidate will not have to take the boat, they will be able to just walk across. :roll: :wink: :shock: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

He walked on water???

John McCafferty
conanconnor

Post by conanconnor »

I highly Recommend Greenwald and BC. One of the best General contractors available here on Beaver Island. I have worked with them, seen their work and heard nothing but good from their clients. they may not be able to walk on water, but they sure are good at building.
King Conan
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Good to know King. The job posting just sounded a little too good to be true. Then the boat it is, don't be standing on the shore looking for the second coming of the other Carpenter. :oops: :D :oops:
Skull&CrossBones
Donegaljim

Post by Donegaljim »

Called them last summer and they responded within 15 minutes. Came to the see the job within two days as planned. Three days later I had a complete set of specs and costs and a timeline. Job done well, on time and below budget. I suddenly felt like a customer not a supplicant.
Jim Birdsall
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Jim, I take back my words, they may walk on water after all. Very encouraging news for those searching all summer of a reliable contractor on the island. How are things in New Mexico? :D :D :D
Skull&CrossBones
Donegaljim

Post by Donegaljim »

Much sunshine, minimal taxes, plenty of dentists but no pristine beaches. You can't have it all.
Jim Birdsall
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I'm sure you and Sandra will adjust. Molly can skip the beach walks as a water dog and become a Burmese Mountain dog. If the money runs low, maybe you can get a construction job working on that wall. You'll get paid in pesos because Mexico is going to pay for it. :D 8) :D
Skull&CrossBones