Township Consolidation Survey

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Andy,

I agree with you and you bring up some good points. I don't believe that there have been many successful consolidations. Battle Creek was one. Certainly not as unique as the island! I see records of considerations and attempts.

There is a company that does studies in this. I posted thier info on a previous post and reached out to them as well. He was given a few names to contact. I am not sure if anything came of it. Maybe the townships should consider this option. A few dollars and time today to get ALL the facts and not speculations and opinions would be better use of money and energy by all.

http://crcmich.org is the website. If you would like more info let me know. Seems to me a disinterested third party study would be ideal. Facts are facts...and from where I sit I don't see many facts.

Kathe
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Take the survey! I think it gives a good general picture of where people stand. Interesting points as well.
burton