BITA/BIBCO

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

I'm receiving messages of rumors that changes with BIBCO have either happened or are coming. Has anyone heard anything confirming from either BITA or BIBCO? Hopefully changes will have significant impact on lowering fares and improving service.
DC
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

meadefamily, Thank you. I could only pull up a skeletal outline of agenda discussion topics. Where can I get more detail on the items discussed with decisions made? I have heard that they are downsizing the Charlevoix management team and reducing vehicle fares by $25.
DC
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

... and I heard they're giving out puppies with every round trip ticket, too! 😁
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

....and I heard you will be given a choice of puppy or kitten but you'll have to buy it a $20/$40 ticket to ride on your lap. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

In a meeting that I had last January with John Kurtz about freight changes and suggestions. I told him I thought the Beaver Island Boat Company main offices should be on Beaver Island. Also all the managers that just sit at desks in Charlevoix should be Beaver Island residents sitting at desks in the Beaver Island offices. Improve the Island economy and give good jobs to Island Residents. After all it is not the Charlevoix Boat Company. I donâ??t think my suggestion was considered.

John McCafferty.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

John... =D> Love that idea!

Darby, if you click on the link and go to the Feb minutes you will see there was a resignation from the BIBCO.

I don't have any other information other than my talk with Tim concerning our trip and the luggage situation. I do know that the whole Tote issue they are aware of and the DO NOT charge per empty tote...if you have empties and you stack them up they charge for one. I do not doubt someone was charged, but I am sure it was in error.

Edited to clarify: I had been overcharged once by the kids that help at the docks. They hire young people who are still learning skills, so we gave them grace. They are all great kids.

Kathe
Last edited by meadefamily on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

BIP & John -
You should know there is no such thing as a free kitten or puppy. If you think there is, you should ask the Boat Company how much one has to spend to get a free unicorn.

Kathe -
Becoming a better guy one post at a time.

(edited for typos and slamos)
Last edited by K.D. McBride on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk D. McBride
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kirk

Thank you
Kathe
Last edited by meadefamily on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Kathe -
:-)
Last edited by K.D. McBride on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk D. McBride
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Sheri & Lisa - :-)
Last edited by K.D. McBride on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk D. McBride
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kirk...

Thank you

Kathe
Last edited by meadefamily on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Kathe -
:P
Last edited by K.D. McBride on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk D. McBride
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Kathe -
I'm going to bed awaiting your most definite rebuttal. Will catch it in the morning.
Kirk D. McBride
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kirk,

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day!! No debate or rebuttal today. When all is said and done what matters most is people. Today is your day, so enjoy! Take care dear and ENJOY!!!

Kathe :P