Draft of St. James Township Recreation Plan now available

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

St. James Township

Draft of St. James Township Recreation Plan now available

Post by St. James Township »

Interested citizens can now review the Draft 5-Year St James Township Recreation Plan and provide comments. Comments received from the 25 plus people who attended the January 3, 2018 community input session have been included in the plan. The plan is available to view on the townshipâ??s website www.stjamestwp.org on both the homepage and under the News and Announcements Tab. At the site, citizens will be able to use a form to submit comments on the Draft Recreation Plan. All comments are welcome and all comments received will be reviewed by the Township Board. Hard copies are available at the Beaver Island District Library and at the Governmental Center. The township board will hold a formal Public Hearing on Monday February 12, 2018 at 7:00PM at the Township Hall, after which the plan will be adopted.
The plan will be adopted in time to apply for grants during the Stateâ??s spring 2018 granting cycle. The township would like to thank the Charlevoix County Community Foundation for its grant of $5,000.00 to support the process.
Link to St. James Township website
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Excellent job on putting the plan together.

Just as a FYI, on the recommendation of having a Pavilion at the St. James Township Campgrounds. There was one there back in the '60's and I believe it was put to get use including Islanders having picnics there in the off season.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

You are spot on Marie. As I recall, the pavilion was a very popular spot year around. I have flash backs that beer was involved on occasion. But then again, some of my memory cells have become a little fuzzy involving the 60's. I will have to consult with my island history mentor, PamO. Now there's my love with a lot of fun stories and good times. The good news is we can share them now that the statute of limitations is up, at least on most of them. And secrets remain on Squatter's Lane.
Tug is telling me it is time for a walk just before happy hour with Sailor Jerry. I support the resurrection of the pavilion at the campgrounds, a cyber free zone, where kids can be kids and adults can be kids again. I vote for an old timer's reunion with story time and a place to park our walkers. Might want to have a port-a-potty near by. :roll: 8) :D :wink:
Skull&CrossBones