Thank You from the Pop's

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

I'm Just The Messenger

Thank You from the Pop's

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

Tara asked that I share this for people to see who are not on Facebook. This was written the morning of December 7th...

Itâ??s the morning of my 40th Birthday. I almost didnâ??t make 40. Monday night held a completely terrifying series of events. I wonâ??t get in to too much detail, because we survived. But our family of 5, was almost not. What that does to your soul and your heart, cannot be put into words. But, let me tell you what ELSE it has done to my soul and heart. I have been reminded about love. Raw, hard, real love, that arrives, expecting nothing in return. Love that shows up with food and phone calls and gift cards and hugs. Love that just sits silently with you and lets you cry. Love that penetrates your heart so hard, that even amidst awful pain, you canâ??t help but feel blessed. Aside from family and friends, complete strangers have showed up with offerings that I could never repay. I have had other sign makers offer to finish my Christmas orders and ship them out to customers so that I donâ??t have to give refunds. I have had customers, waiting for orders, send kind messages refusing a refund so that they could help us with our needs. Who am I, who are we, to deserve this kind of uplifting? The lessons my children are being taught right now are more than anything they could ever learn in a book. A Christmas, that I thought would be so devastating, will be the best we have ever had, because we are alive and together, and because the TRUE meaning of it has been laid upon us. There are no words to accurately express the gratitude that we feel. â??Thank youâ?￾, seems quite inadequate. Continue to pray for us. Pray for Elizabeth because she went through the worst of it, pray for Charley to accept the changes ahead and pray for Mary who left for Chicago with her room cleaned and her bed made and now is coming home to no room or her bed. I have no idea what comes next, but turning 40 has been nothing like I expected; its better. Itâ??s gonna be a really good year.
We love you all more than we could ever say. -❤️The Pops
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Tara
Happy Birthday! May love continue to fill your sails and gently carry you and your family to better times and places. May nothing but warm breezes be with the Pop and Palmer families for Christmas and beyond. :-) :-) :-)
Skull&CrossBones