phone scam using BI prefix 448

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rahn

phone scam using BI prefix 448

Post by Rahn »

In order to get you to pick up the phone, a sales company is using unassigned 231-448 numbers which show up on your caller ID.
medic5740

Time after Time

Post by medic5740 »

I'm going to add that this number and others are being used to call time after time.

I have received no less than six calls from these numbers, and I hang up as soon as I see it. It's pretty obvious that they are trying to harass us all.

448-6333 448-8597 448-6537

Joe Moore
stardust

The age of AI

Post by stardust »

It is very sad that AI technology is the newest tool used by telemarketing. but you can download a fix for your phone that looks at the data stream before it rings it will give you an alert of a possible scam
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

I received a call from 448-4582 saying I had won a trip. I hung up on her mid sentence.
Terri C

Post by Terri C »

Don't trust caller ID. A customer of the bank answered a call, the caller ID said Charlevoix State Bank. It was a scam. Caller ID's can be changed to say anything. Never give personal information out over the phone. The bank collects this information when you open an account. This caller is also calling people in Charlevoix.
Pam Smith

Post by Pam Smith »

Thanks for this information. So true that caller ID is not always reliable. I requested one company I have traded with for several years, to please stop calling me on the "Private Caller" line. Because often I don't even pick up for those...then I am stuck having to call back an assistant and going through all we go through to call one of those people back. I noticed they changed that for me. [/b]