Forum Rules | FAQ | Memberlist | Private Messages

Main Discussion Forum | Marketplace / Trade Forum 
It never ends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktaylor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:31 am 
Post subject: It never ends

I swore that I would never get involved with the pettiness of some on Beaver Island, but I need to bring this to the attention of the good folks of Peaine Township. This appeared in the minutes of Peaine Township.

In regards to the agenda item regarding setting a date and time for a public hearing for Board consideration of the removal of Brad Grassmick from the Beaver Island Emergency Services Authority the following action was taken:

MOTION Welke, second E. Martin to get a legal opinion on the proper procedures to follow based on the ESA
by-laws and discuss at the next regular meeting or a special meeting, motion approved.

I queried some on Beaver Island and here are the results. I WILL NOT publish their names, but they are upstanding citizens of Beaver Island. I have edited some names out.

#1. Ken.
I think this has to do the conflict between the health center and______. Kohls is a health center nut and ____ has been critical over the years of Donna and her antic, that and Brad is a sane voice on the EMS board and has tried to get some recognition of ____ for his years of service. Bill tried to remove him at the last EMS meeting but was shut down by some other board members.

another

Heavily edited
#2. Ken:

Well, Bill Kohls has been angry with Brad Grassmick's pushing for a thank you to ________ for starting EMS and his years of service. Donna Kubic's resignation from ESA also plays into it. At the last ESA meeting, Bill asked______as the ESA FIOA committee member to obtain all emails between ____ and ____ The foia member explained that it would be inappropriate and essentially no. So Bill had it placed on the Peaine Township agenda but does not tell Mr. Grassmick. Someone gave Mr. Grassmick the heads up to attend. No video was taken that night. Bill Kohls had not discussed what he was attempting to do with any of the ESA board members. Kitty went to the Peaine Township because she saw it on the township agenda. Kitty is a member of ESA too and Bill had not discussed it with the other members. It boils down to personalities and control issues with Bill Kohls. So Ernie and Paul were able to control the motion by putting the question to the lawyer. Brad was appointed as the Peaine Township representative for ESA. Bill Kohls is angry that Brad asked Donna Kubic about her transporting a patient to the airport from the medical center. A big health center and township liability no-no to be sure. Donna resigned from the ESA following that and it has been nasty between Bill and Mr. Grassmick ever since.

There are more, but this seems to be the general replies that I received.

Last edited by ktaylor on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
sbsp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 am 
Post subject:

Ken -
Thanks for bringing this to the publics' attention. I think you made it clear but my concern is that a quick and casual read of the minutes would make it appear that the board is in favor of Dr. Grassmick's removal. Or people would think that Welke and E. Martin with their motion and second to pursue legal advise are supporting the removal. I do not think the majority of the board, Welke or E.Martin support the removal of Dr. Grassmick. My opinion but I think it is important for people to know that this seems to be one person's vendetta who has already appeared to be inept and incompetent in dealing with the EMS crisis in the past.
I am confident that the township board will not remove a doctor and life time medical professional from the BIESA over a shallow person's grudge.
Bump

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Arrow
ktaylor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:46 am 
Post subject:

Paul and Ernie made the motion to consult a lawyer in order to stop Bill Kohls from removing Brad. How anyone with a little bit of common sense would not want a doctor's input on the EMS is beyond belief. Bill and his sycophant Larry would only have needed Carla to fold and Brad would be gone. Years ago I donated two pieces of property to EMS which is still under control of St. James Township. I have reached the point that I am thinking of asking the St. James board to give them to the Historical Society and let them sell them and keep the money. I have supported the BIEMS from its beginning and don't want it destroyed by some petty board members such as Larry Kubic and Bill Kohls.
Bump

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm 
Post subject:

Arrow
BI Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone remember the song, Back in the saddle again, out where a friend is a friend......? Good to see the tag team back again, giddy up you guys. Cool Very Happy Wink
conanconnor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 pm 
Post subject:

Brad Grassmick is a sensible and knowledgeable participant in matters of importance to our emergency services. Those characteristics make him invaluable. Healthy discourse, even disagreement, as long as all participants have the island's best interest at heart, is a good thing!
Hayseeder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

i have been silent during this whole debacle.(for years because I tried to make a living on the island I was born ! not anymore! I'm outa here !) enough is enough. public service is not about personal gain it is not about personal agendas it is not to be used vindictively ! public service is supposed to be helping your common man." for the better good of all" eye for an eye, do unto others. practice what you preach etc. greed gluttony and egotism has taken over. property taxes/values have pushed people out. nepotism has run rampant. health care is nonexistent. groceries and gasoline are double the cost of the mainland. we now have to buy insurance for anything and everything imaginable. people want to pay 1970 wages. I am worth millions you are worth dirt. last house syndrome is killing more people then gluten ! grants are not free. if you build it they will come ! entitlement is everywhere natural resources are constantly exploited. participation trophies appointing yes men to boards commissions committees and JOBS ! instead of based on merit/qualifications.the only people working are the cool kids. this place is a giant high school . a family can go to Disneyland for the same cost to visit beaver island. internet speed and cell service ? betcha its a lot faster in Chicago ! go back then. I was born here and I am still treated as an outsider. bids on work are awarded to the higher bidder ! monopolies entitlement wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.so anyway I got 20 acres for sale and a bunch of iron. if your gonna burn my house down let the dog out first please. last person left shut the lights off !!!!!!

GALEN BARTELS 231 448 2523 11/15/17 HAVE A SET AND COME FACE ME IN PERSON !!!!!!! ILL BE ON THE LAST BOAT !!!!!
duffer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:14 am 
Post subject: Yep

Galen you have said a lot of truths some of the old board members gotta go stuck oh wow me, it is disgusting. I think middle school fits for some!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: