Bye, Bye Miss.........

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Very sad situation. It depends on who you are that determines if you can go ahead and build a non conforming building at the corner of Freesoil and Michigan. I was hoping BI had moved on from the days when most decisions were made out of the public view by self appointed power brokers. In the past townships only became the rubber stamps for their means. Until all that changes, expect more to leave the Island until the number of diminishing returns is reached.
I was more optimist this summer than I have been in years with the Island Summit, Island Fellow, Pam's great continued efforts along with Patrick's, Kevin's and others. I'm hoping that these efforts are the future of the Island and not the old ways of controlling all change and the future only for self interests.
The Island continues to welcome new money but not new change or ideas; that is the change that needs to happen.
Kirk
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow:
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Robert Cole,
Where did you go? Did you have a post that disappeared? I heard it was right on the mark, what happened? :? :? :?
Skull&CrossBones
Owen

Post by Owen »

They got to him. :(
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow: