Dan Gentle RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

I'm Just The Messenger

Dan Gentle RIP

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

Daniel was born on August 16, 1954 and passed away on Sunday, October 29, 2017.

Daniel was a resident of Beaver Island, Michigan at the time of passing.

A memorial service will be held at a later date on Beaver Island and burial will follow at Beaver Island Cemetery.

Memorial contributions in Dan's memory may be directed to a charity of choice.

You can sign the Memory Book at... www.tributes.com/show/105441424#condolences
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

What a wonderful, kind and artistic man! I am going to miss you Dan.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Bump

Post by Bump »

:(
skasbaum

Post by skasbaum »

We are so shocked and saddened. Dan was a wonderful person and such a talented wood sculptor and artist. When we first came to the island we bought a set of outdoor cedar furniture he made and they are still going strong and mean so much to us, now even more. As neighbors on Paid Een Og we delighted over the years as his dog would faithfully chase our car and rile up our little group of furry ones. What a kind and truly "gentle" soul and we will miss him.
Scott, Ken and the furbies, Louie, Ella James and Suzie
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Dan subbed on at least one project for me and in knowing him for more than 30 years I couldn't say a bad word about the guy. He was to himself but always the real deal. He will be missed!
duffer

Dan

Post by duffer »

I won't deny. I had Dan finish some guitars for me and he loved my dog so much my dog visited him almost daily for a hot dog on his rounds, I'll miss the quiet guy who was so funny when he did open up!
duffy
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Some people speak volumes without using many words. For anyone who knew him, Dan was one of those guys. If anyone lived up to their name it was Dan. He will be missed.
Skull&CrossBones
Dick and Amy

Dan Gentle

Post by Dick and Amy »

Dan had the record of wheeling the most block in a wheelbarrow.

The last time we talked, we had some laughs about feuding between Mariam and Dan Cruickshank in the workplace. Dan Cruickshank had a special way of involving "Yummy's" ire.