Forum Rules | FAQ | Memberlist | Private Messages

Main Discussion Forum | Marketplace / Trade Forum 
BIRHC board of directors are ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:20 pm 
Post subject:

Love it!!! Go Kathe!!!

John McCafferty
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:25 pm 
Post subject:

No response from the treehugger. I agree with you Kathe, he or she hiding behind a fictitious name and not signing with his or her real name. I wish I knew who it was because he or she obviously knows me and all my relatives. I am also sad that he or she didn’t approve of me cheering you on.

John McCafferty
Gillespie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:40 pm 
Post subject:

Tracey, perhaps John approves but ALL of us who know him know he's not writing these posts. You don't know crap about what you are talking about but keep yappin I guess, I get feedback every day about how morose your posts are, oh well. I heard you were moving, Godspeed! Kathy Meade, you have been on the island 5-7 years? You truly don't know all the facts but you assert that you do. Mr. Taylor has been alert about all of these things for many years, most people would back off because they get tired of it, I applaud him for sticking to it and keeping the heat on the unresponsive people who SHOULD respond but if it is indefensible I guess they stay quiet and have people like you come to their aid? K Pike was run out of here for over taxation, disrespect, the bullshit and clique/nepotism that is not faked, it exists! I'm related to them, pretty much all but I don't walk in those circles, shame on them for being so obvious and you for not really understanding the real truth, apparently Mr. Taylor does! Tracey doesn't but she keeps flapping, sad! Stay with it Ken, this is EXACTLY why this forum was established! Certainly can't count on local fake news to speak up, unless they are covering up more of the horse shit! Think before you comment! This crap is real! If no board member responds they are as guilty as the rest!
meadefamily

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

Richie...I have repeatedly said I don't know the board or the politics. I have also repeatedly said that the method of delivery is abusive. Spin it how you want...Kens post about the board members was out of line. He even admitted after called out that he did not mean all of them...but yet he listed their names with a offensive tagline.

Below I have cut and pasted my original post for you TO READ CAREFULLY. As I have requested before, please do not twist my words to help your agenda. Unlike your non name fake friends that you allow to use this forum I have the courage to say my name. Still waiting on treehugger to crawl out and be accountable for his words...

If you are going to attempt to attack me at least make sure you read the post and don't twist the facts. O and a side note...to answer your question we have been on the island eight years.

The only "horse shit" (as you say)I see here is the fake names, mobbing techniques and attacking behavior that you and your buddies use.

Again...so words are not twisted...my writing on this topic is about the method of delivery. I have said more than once that Ken has valid concerns...I can see that if one does not agree with you and your fake named friends you attack.

You know how to cure a bully?? Stand up to him. Trust me Richie I can stand tall. I have never attacked you...and there have many of your post I have not agreed with on. Get your facts straight and read the post before you jump to conclusions. And if you decide to cut and paste my comments make sure you cut and paste the WHOLE topic...not what allows you to twist my words.

My post was genuine, all I asked was that Ken see it through another perspective and how his words impacted others. The way to accomplish change and growth is not by alienating and offending. How sad that filters have been lost in our world today.

Below is my original post that got you and your buddies panties in a bunch...READ it CAREFULLY as I say very clearly I don't know the scope of the issues...............

This thread has been exhausted and frankly I am not interested in repeating myself over and over as you and your buddies attack me from every angle so if you would like to talk send an email, you should have it on the forum. I am on to better things...the concept of decent behavior and two wrongs don't make it right is lost on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Ken,

Your post are becoming more and more offensive. I only know one of the board members and I promise you she is not the definition you posted above. She is a good person, awesome mom, community leader, community driven and she truly cares about this community by her involment and contributions both with time and money.

Being a bully and throwing threats is not the right way to handle the issues with health center. I am a tax payer and summer resident. I have a great deal of respect for the residents that live here year round and make this home. I understand your situation and I am sorry for your wife's illness does not allow you time to get to island.

Regardless of your concerns you do not have the right to be abusive and name call. These people live here and work here. Their kids go to school here. Creating a divide and drama reaches well beyond the few you have chosen to harass. This is a small community. You have targeted a group of people and your concerns about the Health Center have been clouded by your antics. Your credibility is also is question by your lack of professionalism and bullish behavior.

I don't know the scope of the issues with the politics on Beaver Island. I am sure the truth is fluid and there are many versions. What I do know however is that your methods and name slinging is uncalled for and border harassment. Regardless of the side of the fence you are on please remember these are people and families you are attacking. This goes deeper than the board members. Thier families, kids and community are being attacked as well.

You can comment back and make snarky comments, that is fine. What I hope is that you see that your methods are not working.

To the visitors and potential homeowners:

Beaver island is magical. The beautiful beaches, trails, water and sunsets are just the beginning. The families that call this home are hard working good people. Please do not let a a few stop you from visiting. We came 8 years ago and could not imagine leaving. Check out the chamber, the beaver beacon and Google videos of the island. Please know that many of the people on here being rude and causing issues do not live here year round, some have no property here. Come visit the island. When you come by boat you are greeted by islanders that have had family here generations back. Visit the grocery store and check out one the great selection of products. Stroll down town and you will know why it is called Paradise bay. Stop by the community center and talk with the ladies. Thier love for the island is contagious. I promise you you will fall in love. Beaver Island is truly a Paradise.

Kathe Meade

Last edited by meadefamily on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:32 pm 
Post subject:

I've been confused for the get go as to whether John is john or John is Tracey or Tracey is John or Tracey is Tracey. Thank you Mr. Gillespie for clarifying it for us. So if Tracey is John and John is Tracey then John must be the one posting that the chiropractor is coming to the health center? I can't blame Mr. Taylor for being frustrated by all the fake posts "islandliving" keeps posting.
I'm with Mr. Gillespie and Mr. Pike, keep it up Mr. Taylor.

DC
Andy's Grooming Barn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 pm 
Post subject:

DC I guess I am confused...John and Tracey are using the same forum name because they haven't signed up for a second but each posting their own names so we do know who exactly is posting. We don't know who you are, so please fill us in if you are your own person and if so who you are, where you are from etc., if not we will assume you are Richie, Ken or somebody along those lines as there seems to be multiple posts under different names but really the same person....is this why the forum was started? Richie if you are a moderator you would assume then you would take the position of being impartial or it would be pretty hard to be a moderator...maybe you should consider somebody else for that position if you can not do it effectively.
islandliving

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 am 
Post subject:

WOW!!! Richie are you the tree hugger and also Mary Duffy?? I want you to know that every post with my name signed is written by me. So I guess “ALL” of you don’t know me as well as you think. Taylor is handling his concerns in a very unprofessional manner and continues to slam my family and friends publicly. Not horseshit but bullshit. Maybe with all his money he should come up here and build a hospital in which he could control and put Dr. White back in the corner. Maybe instead of listing the incompetent board every Saturday we could get a list of who the new board should be. The constant bad mouthing is not getting much done. Maybe you and your “ALL” should get to know me better before accusing someone else of writing my post.

John McCafferty
ktaylor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:15 am 
Post subject:

And don't forget these fantastic things to do.

http://beaverisland.org/entertainment/

or if you feel sometimes like I do BI has a Commission on Ageing

or if you place is too far to walk

Transit Hours for Winter M-F noon-4pm

A large number of Beaver Islanders invested substantial time in organizing the Great Lakes Islands Summit and hosting a first-ever meeting of the Great Lakes islands. The island is getting plenty of great press as a result of the Island Summit. Here's the latest that appeared in the Manitoulin Expositor. When we work together, the results can be substantial.

http://www.manitoulin.ca/2017/10/11/manitoulin-takes-part-initial-great-lakes-islands-summit/

You ladies should take Steve's advice.

Thank you so much for sharing this Stef. Your story so very much defines what Beaver Island is really all about and is so refreshing vs so much that is negative on this forum. Best wishes - enjoy your stay.

Thanks again!
Steve West
Very Happy

Last edited by ktaylor on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:56 am; edited 6 times in total
BradG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:44 am 
Post subject:

Lawrence, who had 101 years on the island, said people get real cranky in March. Looks like we're getting an early start. Probably means a long winter.

Brad
islandliving

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:08 am 
Post subject:

Gillespie, Taylor, ...I did work briefly at the health center. I saw patients wait for 30-60 minutes at times for your Dr. White to show up, if she chose to show up. Mr Taylor, I know for a fact people have been private messaging you about incidents of incompetence on the part of our dentist. Maybe we should have Mr Taylor set up an account for these people...to get new teeth, in one case...I think Gillespie is familiar with that case, as it is a family member. And nope John and I will be here for sometime.

AGAIN, as I have said before...YOU DON'T GIVE ALL THE FACTS. Just the ones that serve to attack hard working people.

Tracey.
islandliving

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:15 am 
Post subject:

I think the name of the Beaver Island Forum should be changed to the
“Chicken Coop”

John McCafferty
Kathy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 am 
Post subject:

I can no longer sit back and watch the postings drift away from the real issue as I see. This is a common issue that arises in our society frequently. A person of my gender works hard to rise up to be equal in a man's profession and then becomes the target of those that do not like to see this happen. Apparently from what I have been reading this seems to have occurred with Dr. White and the board. Happily there were some male individuals that came to her defense. What disturbs me is that those attacking these men defending Dr. White's treatment by the board are women. I have seen this before. It is sad that women can't stand in unity for this kind of behavior. This is of course is my opinion and need not be answered. I have expressed it and will remain silent now. I have removed my full name as I know what happens in this male dominated world. I do give credit to those men who had the balls to come forward and defend a women.
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:09 am 
Post subject:

Ms. Kolhs, Sorry I confused you and thank you for your clearing things up for me. I'm not the swiftest but did catch that Mr. McCafferty, Tracey and islandliving with no signature are sharing the same forum login avatar. My post was a poor attempt of humor by doing a parody on Who's on First with is it John, Tracey or islandliving health center, sorry.
I guess the serious part of my post was that I agree with Mr. Gillespie and Mr. Pike that Mr. Taylor appears to be the target of more incoming flak than he is giving out. I think he has some valid concerns.

DC
Andy's Grooming Barn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:23 am 
Post subject:

Kathy or whatever you real name is since you have never posted using your real name so I can not assume you are a different person than the men that are posting on this forum but just another one of their aliases and they are now trying to be a women.

I don't see this as a women/man issue, this is the first time I heard that brought up and what grounds would you say the board had an issue with Wendy because she was FEMALE? Also nobody is attacking these POOR helpless men that are on this post, I think what most people want is that they post there concerns but that they be more respectful and put all of the facts out there and not partial facts.

I guess my question would be if the board has done something actually legally wrong or does Ken feel it is just morally wrong and just handled in appropriately because to be honest many of the things that are brought up seems to be picking at the BIRHC instead of being actual issues "in my option", if there are issues then stick to them and stop being petty. Also I guess I would question what you hope to accomplish by making these posts, this isn't a way to change things but just a way to complain about things and cause trouble.

Kathy or whatever your real name is....if the men/women really had balls then they wouldn't hide behind names that were not theirs. I have no problem signing my name to anything I post.
meadefamily

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:24 am 
Post subject:

Yeah Kathy...since you baited me as one of those woman let's have a go!!

Wow...so yet another troll appears that is unwilling to say who they are, but attempts to attack at another angle.

Come on boys...take your balls as Kathy (ironically same name as me but spelled different) and go play somewhere else.

I sure perdicted this in my response to Richie. Another angle to keep it coming.

And on the slim chance Kathy is real and has close family ties to island let's talk about the gender issue...

First and foremost this is not a gender issue. Because Dr. White is a female you feel she should be treated special? How incredibly offensive for you to suggest. All these years of progress for woman you just crumbled by your mentality.

As far as these men and their balls...yes it takes a lot of balls for them to come on a forum where they are not looking anyone eye to eye, or never will because they don't live there and harass and be abusive. (That was sarcasism just in case you wondered)

It takes even more balls to create fake names to protect themselves from accountability...like treehugger, Mary Duffy, Darcy Campbell, woodruff, buckaneer, Jimmy and now Kathy....I could keep going on an on.

Again before you throw me in on your woman bashing woman crap READ what is being said. I never bashed Dr. White.

What is so sad about your post is that as a woman...if you really exist...is that you would applauded these men. The men in my life have much more class and compassion. They know how to be leaders without tearing others down. They speak with purpose that does not hurt others. There are men like this on the island, and on the forum as well.

So as far as you comment standing for unity...you are misguided in thinking the goal of these men is unity.

Kathy, if you are really you then I encourage you to not be afraid to stand for what you believe. We need strong woman with opposing opinions to make our World a better place for our future generations. But in order to be taken seriously I encourage you to state your name and make sure you are reading the ENTIRE post of the other woman here...as your post was twisting words.

To the men...hold on...before you twist my words and make me out to be involved in man bashing event let me state very clearly...there are many many men on this forum that have great points. I don't always agree but I appreciate another view point. Ken Taylor included. I have said before and I will say again for the trolls, Ken has many valid points, his delivery hurts him.

I learned years ago to think with my head and heart not what was between my legs ..unlike the men you so fondly refer to as the ones that grew balls.

Before you choose to class me in a light that is unfair I suggest next time you learn a little more about me. As a mother to a special needs daughter you will not find a bigger advocate for gender and special needs right.

Kathe Meade
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: