BIRHC board of directors are ???

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BradG

Post by BradG »

Lawrence, who had 101 years on the island, said people get real cranky in March. Looks like we're getting an early start. Probably means a long winter.

Brad
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Gillespie, Taylor, ...I did work briefly at the health center. I saw patients wait for 30-60 minutes at times for your Dr. White to show up, if she chose to show up. Mr Taylor, I know for a fact people have been private messaging you about incidents of incompetence on the part of our dentist. Maybe we should have Mr Taylor set up an account for these people...to get new teeth, in one case...I think Gillespie is familiar with that case, as it is a family member. And nope John and I will be here for sometime.

AGAIN, as I have said before...YOU DON'T GIVE ALL THE FACTS. Just the ones that serve to attack hard working people.

Tracey.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I think the name of the Beaver Island Forum should be changed to the
â??Chicken Coopâ?￾

John McCafferty
Kathy

Post by Kathy »

I can no longer sit back and watch the postings drift away from the real issue as I see. This is a common issue that arises in our society frequently. A person of my gender works hard to rise up to be equal in a man's profession and then becomes the target of those that do not like to see this happen. Apparently from what I have been reading this seems to have occurred with Dr. White and the board. Happily there were some male individuals that came to her defense. What disturbs me is that those attacking these men defending Dr. White's treatment by the board are women. I have seen this before. It is sad that women can't stand in unity for this kind of behavior. This is of course is my opinion and need not be answered. I have expressed it and will remain silent now. I have removed my full name as I know what happens in this male dominated world. I do give credit to those men who had the balls to come forward and defend a women.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Ms. Kolhs, Sorry I confused you and thank you for your clearing things up for me. I'm not the swiftest but did catch that Mr. McCafferty, Tracey and islandliving with no signature are sharing the same forum login avatar. My post was a poor attempt of humor by doing a parody on Who's on First with is it John, Tracey or islandliving health center, sorry.
I guess the serious part of my post was that I agree with Mr. Gillespie and Mr. Pike that Mr. Taylor appears to be the target of more incoming flak than he is giving out. I think he has some valid concerns.

DC
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Kathy or whatever you real name is since you have never posted using your real name so I can not assume you are a different person than the men that are posting on this forum but just another one of their aliases and they are now trying to be a women.

I don't see this as a women/man issue, this is the first time I heard that brought up and what grounds would you say the board had an issue with Wendy because she was FEMALE? Also nobody is attacking these POOR helpless men that are on this post, I think what most people want is that they post there concerns but that they be more respectful and put all of the facts out there and not partial facts.

I guess my question would be if the board has done something actually legally wrong or does Ken feel it is just morally wrong and just handled in appropriately because to be honest many of the things that are brought up seems to be picking at the BIRHC instead of being actual issues "in my option", if there are issues then stick to them and stop being petty. Also I guess I would question what you hope to accomplish by making these posts, this isn't a way to change things but just a way to complain about things and cause trouble.

Kathy or whatever your real name is....if the men/women really had balls then they wouldn't hide behind names that were not theirs. I have no problem signing my name to anything I post.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Yeah Kathy...since you baited me as one of those woman let's have a go!!

Wow...so yet another troll appears that is unwilling to say who they are, but attempts to attack at another angle.

Come on boys...take your balls as Kathy (ironically same name as me but spelled different) and go play somewhere else.

I sure perdicted this in my response to Richie. Another angle to keep it coming.

And on the slim chance Kathy is real and has close family ties to island let's talk about the gender issue...

First and foremost this is not a gender issue. Because Dr. White is a female you feel she should be treated special? How incredibly offensive for you to suggest. All these years of progress for woman you just crumbled by your mentality.

As far as these men and their balls...yes it takes a lot of balls for them to come on a forum where they are not looking anyone eye to eye, or never will because they don't live there and harass and be abusive. (That was sarcasism just in case you wondered)

It takes even more balls to create fake names to protect themselves from accountability...like treehugger, Mary Duffy, Darcy Campbell, woodruff, buckaneer, Jimmy and now Kathy....I could keep going on an on.

Again before you throw me in on your woman bashing woman crap READ what is being said. I never bashed Dr. White.

What is so sad about your post is that as a woman...if you really exist...is that you would applauded these men. The men in my life have much more class and compassion. They know how to be leaders without tearing others down. They speak with purpose that does not hurt others. There are men like this on the island, and on the forum as well.

So as far as you comment standing for unity...you are misguided in thinking the goal of these men is unity.

Kathy, if you are really you then I encourage you to not be afraid to stand for what you believe. We need strong woman with opposing opinions to make our World a better place for our future generations. But in order to be taken seriously I encourage you to state your name and make sure you are reading the ENTIRE post of the other woman here...as your post was twisting words.

To the men...hold on...before you twist my words and make me out to be involved in man bashing event let me state very clearly...there are many many men on this forum that have great points. I don't always agree but I appreciate another view point. Ken Taylor included. I have said before and I will say again for the trolls, Ken has many valid points, his delivery hurts him.

I learned years ago to think with my head and heart not what was between my legs ..unlike the men you so fondly refer to as the ones that grew balls.

Before you choose to class me in a light that is unfair I suggest next time you learn a little more about me. As a mother to a special needs daughter you will not find a bigger advocate for gender and special needs right.

Kathe Meade
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Great reply Andy!! We where typing at same time. 😀
Andy's Grooming Barn

DC - I ask again since you responded to me but didn't answer my question, "We don't know who you are, so please fill us in if you are your own person and if so who you are, where you are from etc., if not we will assume you are Richie, Ken or somebody along those lines as there seems to be multiple posts under different names but really the same person...."
Andy Kohls
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

How can there be any confusion??? We share the islandliving account and have always signed who is commenting. I am not commenting for John, and he is not commenting for me. BUT I can assure everyone reading, that we do share the same views.

Hiding behind multiple user names or refusing to give your name shows me you lack conviction in your arguments. I have a lot more respect for Andy, a business owner willing to state her opinion AND sign her name.

Andy, Kathe, maybe it is time for a new forum, where the admin does not allow attacks and bullying. One that promotes multiple views and opinions, that creates change for the good of our community.

Tracey
Last edited by islandliving on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Ms. Kohls, I can give you my history from birth to present but my guess is that it will not satisfy you. If you don't think I'm Darby Campbell I can live with that fact. Or if you think I am Richie or Ken or somebody else which is not the case I can live with that fact also. I would encourage you to work on fixing the problems of the island as opposed to fixating on me.

DC
Last edited by Darby Campbell on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy's Grooming Barn

As I though DC, to bad people can not be upfront about who they are but then again there wouldn't be as much nastiness on this forum if they did so that explains why they hide behind factious names and maybe they might actually get something accomplished if they were upfront and honest....then again are some of these people really trying to accomplish anything other than cause trouble? I personally would question that.
Andy Kohls
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

DC...I can assure you no one is fixated on you. Get over yourself.
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

I love the posturing on these threads. It's interesting, almost comical, to see how the topic is lost. Everyone based on their position on an issue is judging whether to person should have the right to post or reply.

Since Kathe Meade jumped in, she has added a whole new layer of "rules". She has somehow in her 8 years of affiliation to Beaver Island determined the criteria and a check list you must meet in order to be heard or have a voice on this forum.

How long have you been coming to Beaver Island?
Does your family have a rich history here?
Do you own property here?
How long have you owned it?
Do you just rent in the summer?
How much skin have you left on the island?
Are you using your real name and have you proven to her satisfaction that you really are who you say you are?
Does she perceive that you are no longer visiting the island?
If you have other financial interest in the island that you have not divulged, what is it and what value does it have to us?

At least she has determined that gender is not a qualification.

I'm sure I'm going to get called out again for bullying someone here, but I'm having trouble now with all these new rules and understanding the artificial boundaries.

As Tracey has suggested it might be time for you and Andy to start a new forum. I pretty sure the the BI Chamber has a forum and you might find a home there. They average 6 topics a month and at least 1 view per topic. I'm sure they would welcome your input there.

http://beaverisland.org/board/forum/bea ... age-board/
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

Damn, Kathe you just keep baiting us.

"DC...I can assure you no one is fixated on you. Get over yourself."

How is that not being a bully. For one that has gone to great lengths to define bullying and proved links to prove your point, you're doing a pretty good job of it yourself.